How to Report Lost Or Stolen Passport in Belgium
If you’re living in Belgium
- You can call Doc-Stop for a cancellation of your passport and safeguard yourself from any misuse or misuse of the identity you have: 2123.
- Contact the police station at which the theft or loss was committed or your local municipal office immediately.
If you’re on vacation in another country, you should consider a holiday abroad.
- You can call Doc-Stop for a cancellation of your passport, and to protect yourself from any fraud of your identity: +322 518 2123.
- Inform the police in your area of the theft or loss immediately. Request a written statement to confirm the theft or loss.
- If you require an entry permit to travel to Belgium Contact the Belgian consulate or embassy in the country that you are visiting. If you don’t have one then contact the embassy or consulate in an alternative EU country.
- If you were not able to inform the local police regarding the theft or loss during your time abroad make sure you notify the police station immediately upon your come back to Belgium.
If you live abroad
- You can call Doc-Stop for a cancellation of your passport and safeguard yourself from fraudulent use of your identity. Call +32 2 518 2123.
- Inform your local police station about the theft or loss as soon as you can. Demand a confirmation statement of the theft or loss.
- Inform your consulate or embassy regarding the theft or loss and give them the police report.
Documents that are required
Report Lost Or Stolen Passport
- Documentation to prove Belgian identity
- Police statement by the police
Office Locations and Contacts
Contact number for all of your inquiries: +322 501 81 11.
What are all the Eligibility
Belgian passport holders.
For a list of Prices for Belgian Passports, click on this link: http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/binaries/prijs_Paspoorten_NL_tcm312-122220.pdf.
Passports last for 5 years.
- It is possible to get passports within 5 working days after your passport’s application is received.
- The length of time it takes for issuance of a passport varies on the quantity of collections that are at least two each week. The local authority can provide specific information about the frequency of collection.
- The new procedure for emergencies has been announced with the addition of a cost, passports can issue by province or municipality within the day following the receipt of the application by a private firm, as long as the application is faxed from the province or municipality to the production centre by 3 p.m.
Need to have the Document
If your passport has been lost or stolen, declare it and request a new one. The procedure is different based on whether you’re located in Belgium or elsewhere.
Kingdom of Belgium, Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Corporation: http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/