How To Report Lost Or Stolen Passport In Belgium
If you’re located living in Belgium
- Contact Doc-Stop to cancel your passport and safeguard yourself from any misuse for your identification: 0800 2123.
- Inform the police station in which the theft or loss was committed or your local municipal office immediately.
If you’re on vacation overseas, it is a good idea to travel
- Contact Doc-Stop to cancel your passport and safeguard yourself from any fraud of your identity: +322 518 2123.
- Inform the police in your area of the theft or loss as soon as you can. Demand a confirmation statement of the theft or loss.
- If you require a passport for your return to Belgium Contact the Belgian consulate or embassy in the country you’re visiting. If you don’t have one then contact the embassy or consulate in other EU country.
- If you’ve been not able to inform the local police regarding the theft or loss during your travels make sure you notify the police station immediately upon your come back to Belgium.
If you live abroad
- Contact Doc-Stop to cancel your passport, and to protect yourself against fraudulent use of your identity: +322 518 2123.
- Contact the police station in your area about the theft or loss immediately. Demand a confirmation statement of the theft or loss.
- Inform your consulate or embassy of the loss or theft and provide them with the police report.
Documents that are required Lost Or Stolen
- Documentation to prove Belgian identity
- Police statement from the police
Office Locations and Contacts
Contact number for all of your inquiries: +322 501 81 11.
What Are All The Eligibility
Belgian passport holders.
For a list of Prices for Belgian Passports, click on this link: http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/binaries/prijs_Paspoorten_NL_tcm312-122220.pdf.
Passports are valid for five years.
- It is possible to get passports within 5 working days after an application for passports has been submitted.
- The amount of time needed in order to obtain a passport varies on the quantity of collections of which there are at least two each week. Your local municipality will provide specific information about the frequency of the collection.
- An emergency process has been set up with the addition of a cost, passports can be issued through the province or municipality within the day following the receipt of the application by a private company, provided the application is sent by the province or municipality to the production center before 3 p.m.
The Document is required Lost Or Stolen
If your passport was stolen or lost, or stolen, be notified and apply for a replacement one. The procedure is different based on whether you’re located in Belgium or in another country.
Kingdom of Belgium, Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Corporation: http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/