How To Single Status Certificate In Christmas Island

How To Single Status Certificate Christmas Island

  • It is recommended to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities consider essential. Anyone who wants to marry abroad will require a special form of documentation. The first step is submit a declaration which is processed by the local office, where marriage certificates are prepared. It must come from the state in which you reside on the Christmas Island. This statement will be noted that there was not any marriages in the last few years.
  • Because these kinds of documents are required for involvement in foreign countries, you is required to have a account of the local or state registrar or declaration that is certified to work abroad.
  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Pay the amount.

Documents that are required Single Status Certificate

All certificates are required to be accompanied by a photocopy of your ID. If you want to apply for a certificate, you need to provide:

  • Three (3) types of your own identity (see below for more details).).

To request a certificate on behalf of a person else, you will need to submit:

  • A letter of permission from the person who is named in the document (include the address of their residence, their daytime number, signature and address).
  • Three (3) documents of proof of identity from the person who has granted permission, as illustrated below.
  • Three (3) types of your personal identification, as the following.

Office Locations and Contacts

Official Government Contacts

Contacts for the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development Contacts

Contacts for the Attorney-General Department

Australian embassies High Commissions consulates and multilateral missions, consulates and representative offices

How To Single Status Certificate Christmas Island
How To Single Status Certificate Christmas Island

What Are All The Eligibility

  • In November 2013, as of November 2013, the following Western Australian State Government agencies offer assistance for the Commonwealth for Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands as part of the Service Delivery Arrangements.
  • Overseas marriage authorities typically require proof that a person who is a part of the marriage is legally permitted to marry. The evidence could be a result of a marriage Certificate obtained from Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
  • This proves that you’ve not married in Australia or, if you were previously married, no marriages have been registered in Australia. A Result of Marriage Search application is available for download from the form to the right.
  • Single Status certificates are offered to residents , previous residents or any authorized reps. The certificate only covers the time during which you resided in Australia.

Documents to Utilize

Single Status Certificate Application Form


  • The Shire of Christmas Island (SOCI) is responsible for the provision of local government service to the Island.
  • All certificates are distributed via Registered Post and include postage and handling. However, this doesn’t guarantee next-day delivery.
  • The Registry seeks out any marriage that occurred prior to 16 years of age or on the date of entry in Australia. If you’ve prior to marriage, then the registry will begin at the time the prior marriage was ended.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • Identification number or passport
  • Place of Birth and Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • Signed by the one who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

The Document is required Single Status Certificate

  • An Single-Status Certificate or Affidavit, also called the No Marriage Affidavit or Certificate of Independence to Marry , or Certificate Of No Impediment is a legally certified statement that confirms that you’re eligible to marry.
  • As of November 2013 as of November 2013, the following Western Australian State Government agencies offer support for the Commonwealth for Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands as part of Services Delivery Arrangements.
  • To establish that you are single for a certain period in Australia Complete a Single Status Certificate application
  • You might need a Single Status Certificate when you are planning to get married abroad or return to your country where you reside to get married. It demonstrates that you have had a wedding in Australia within a specific time.

Information that can be useful

  • The Territory of Christmas Island is a territory of Australia located in the Indian Ocean. It is known as Christmas Island since it was found at Christmas Day.
  • The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development has the overall responsibility of the territory, which includes the provision of services that are state-owned. However, other services provided by the government are provided to Christmas Island, such as the ones involving customs and quarantine are the area of responsibility of the relevant Australian government agencies.
  • All Services Delivery Arrangements are managed in the hands of The Western Australian Government.

Documents to prove identity

Three documents are required, and one of them must be from the of the following lists:

List 1 Link between signature and image

  • Australian driver licence (or learner permit)
  • Australian passport
  • Australian firearms licence for Australian firearms
  • Passports for overseas travel

List 2. Evidence of operation within the community

  • Medicare card
  • A credit or debit card
  • Australian security guard or crowd control licence
  • The Marriage Certificate is provided by the Victorian Registry
  • Identity cards for students and tertiary institutions
  • Australian Citizenship Certificate
  • The Standard Birth Certificate is issued by Australia
  • Department of Veterans” Affairs card
  • Working with Children Check Card

3. List 3 Proof of current residence address

  • Utility account (including water, gas and electricity), mobile phone (or home) phone)
  • Rates to be noted
  • Centrelink concessions card (Pension Concession Card, Health Care Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Card)
  • Statements from banks (including credit, passbook account, savings or cheque)
  • Tenancy or lease agreement in force
  • Statement of the Superannuation Fund

All applicants must note

  • All documents must be up-to-date
  • If you can’t prove your identity using a certificate from the list of documents, then you need to provide two in List 2 along with another from List 3.
  • The List 3 identity document must reflect your current residence address.
  • The List 1 identity document can be used in conjunction with an List 3 identity document if it reveals your current residence address
  • Statements from banks or utility accounts, rate notices or statements of superannuation funds must be issued within the last 12 months.
  • If you send printed on-line bank statements, superannuation, or utility statements, they must be on official letterhead for your company or be stamped and endorsed by the superannuation fund, bank and utility companies.

Other uses for the document/certificate

Overseas wedding authorities usually require additional evidence to prove that the person is legally able to get married. The evidence could include an affirmation in the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the individual being married before or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

External Links

Official government website

The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development

Christmas Island


Also, be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment might not be enough for an event to be held in a different country. You could be required by foreign authorities to adhere to these requirements, so make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates could require translation.
  • Certificates might require endorsement or exchanged for an locally acceptable certificate issued by your Consulate or Embassy in the country you are planning to marry.
  • Certificates could require legalization i.e. issued with an official stamp, also known by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates could require that witnesses sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re legally married and that it is attached to the.



Leave a Comment