How To Single Status Certificate In Australia
Before you submit your application for an individual status certificate, consult the Consulate or Embassy of the country where you plan to get married to verify the legal requirements.
If you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident who wants to marry outside of Australia the foreign government could require the Certificate of No Impediment for Wedding (CNI) that is issued. DFAT in Australia is able to issue an CNI however, some foreign governments will just accept CNIs provided by the Australian diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate) within their nation. If you’re getting married in another country, you have to check with the government of the country you are getting married in:
- If or when the CNI is mandatory;
- Where should it be where it should be (ie within Australia (or through an Australian mission out of the country);
- If it requires further legalisation (authentication or an apostille) and
- If you require a “Single Status Certificate a ‘No Record Results’ (please note, these are not issued by DFAT and can be issued through the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in your state or territory).
If you are applying for a certificate in person , three copies of your original identification papers or photocopies of your clear, certified identity documents are required.
If you submit your application via post Three types of copies that can be clearly seen, certified identity documents must be submitted along with your application. Do not send original documents.
If you’re applying from abroad If you are applying from overseas – The Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages will take into consideration the current photocopied and certified identification documents from overseas similar to those listed in the lists of identification. Don’t post original documents.
If you’re applying for Search Certificate and Results from a Search Certificate on behalf of someone else, a written statement of authority from the individual who needs the certificate must be supplied. A minimum of three forms of identification for the person applying and the person applying for the certificate must be supplied.
Documents that are required editRequired Documents[ edit Single Status Certificate
All certificates require an identification.
To be able to apply for your own certificate, you must be able to provide:
- Three (3) types of your own identity (see below for more details).).
To request a certificate on behalf of a person else, you need to provide:
- A permission letter from the person listed on the certification (include your address as well as their daytime number, signature and address).
- Three (3) documents of proof of identity from the person who has granted permission, as illustrated below.
- Three (3) types of your personal identification, as illustrated below.
Office Locations and Contacts editOffice Locations and Contacts[ edit
What Are All The Eligibility
The overseas marriage authorities usually require proof that a person who is a part of the wedding is legally married. The evidence could be a result of a the Marriage Certificate that is issued by the Registry for Births, Deaths and Marriages.
This proves that you’ve not had a wedding in Australia or, if you were you were previously married, no subsequent marriage has been recorded in Australia. A Result of Marriage Search application can be downloaded from the download form to the right.
Single Status certificates are offered to residents , previous residents or the authorized representative of their. It is only valid for the period that you resided in Australia.
Fees are determined by the number of years of searching. A typical fee of $51 comes with a 10 year search as well as a certificate. Each additional 10 year search, or any part of it is charged an additional fee of $41.
Define the period of time that the certificate or document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificates are valid for life
Documents to Use editDocuments to Use[ edit
Examples of Documents editthe document
Attach a sample of completed documents that could be helpful to others.
Processing Time EditProcessing Time[ edit
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Related Videos editRelated Videos[ edit
Videos that explain the process or to fill out the applications. Add videos by using this tag <&video type="website">heighton external websites. Remove the "and" in the tags at the time of the implementation. Website is allocine, blip dailymotion facebook, gametrailers, metacafe, html5, googlevideo revver, myspace, sevenload, viddler Youku, YouTube height = 340, width = 560, is 340, ID of the video is derived by navigating to the URL of the webpage that displays the video. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The distribution of certificates is done through Registered Post and include postage and handling. However, this doesn’t guarantee next-day delivery.
The Registry is able to search for any marriages that took place after 16 years of age or the date of your arrival in Australia. If you’ve already married before, your search begins with the date that the previous marriage was over.
Required Information editRequired Information[ edit
- Full Name
- Number of ID or Passport
- Date and Place of Birth
- Signed by the one who has declared
- Signature of witnesses
Documents are required. editNeed for the Document [ edit
An Single-Status Certificate or Affidavit which is also called No Marriage Affidavit Certificate for Freedom to Marry , or Certificate that there is no Impediment is a certified statement that confirms that you are able to marry.
To establish single status for a particular period within Australia you must complete a Single Status Certificate application.
It is possible to need a Single Status Certificate in the event that you plan to get married outside of Australia or return to your country where you reside to get married. It confirms that you’ve had a wedding in Australia for a certain period of time.
Information that might be useful editInformation that could be helpful [ edit
- Fill in the complete application form.
- Make sure to submit all necessary evidence of identity documents.
- Mail or online: Send certified copies of all documents.
- In person: Bring or original proof of identity document or photocopies that have been certified by a certificate of authenticity.
- Make sure you pay the necessary application fee. You can pay via:
- On the Internet: Visa or MasterCard.
- Sending mail: Visa, MasterCard, personal check or money order.
- Cash in person: EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard cashier’s check or personal cheque.
Identification Documents for Proof of Identity
Three documents are required, and one of them must be from the of the following lists:
1. Evidence for linkage between signature and photo
- Australian driver licence (or learner permit)
- Australian passport
- Australian firearms licence
- Passports from overseas
List 2 – Evidence of functioning in the community
- Medicare card
- ATM or credit card
- Australian security licenses for crowd control or guards.
- Wedding Certificates issued by Australia’s Registry
- Identity cards for students and tertiary institutions
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- The Standard Birth Certificate is issued by Australia
- Department of Veterans”Affairs card
- Working with Children Check Card
List 3. Proof of current address
- Utility account (including water, gas and electricity), mobile phone and home phones)
- Rates to be noted
- Centrelink concessions card (Pension Concession Card, Health Care Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Card)
- Statements from banks (including passbook and credit accounts, as well as savings and cheque account)
- The current lease or tenancy agreement
- Statement from the Superannuation fund
All applicants must note
- All documents must be up-to-date
- If you can’t identify yourself with a documents from List 1,, you need to provide two documents in List 2, and another from List 3.
- List 3 identity document must be your List 3 identity document must be able to verify your current address.
- An List 1 identity document can also be used as an List 3 identity document if it displays your current residential address
- Statements from banks, utility accounts rates notices, statements from the superannuation fund must be issued in the last 12 months.
- If you send printed online statements for superannuation, bank or utility statements, they should be on official letterhead for your company or be stamped and endorsed by the superannuation fund, the bank and utility companies.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Overseas marriage authorities typically require further proof that the couple is able to get married. The evidence could include an admission of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no record of the couple having previously been married, or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.
External Links editExternal Links[ edit
Also, be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment might not be enough by itself to permit the marriage to occur in a foreign nation. It is possible that you will be required by authorities in the foreign country to follow the followingrequirements, so please make sure you give enough time to process.
- Certificates could require translation.
- Certificates could require endorsement or exchanged with a local version that is approved by your Consulate or Embassy in the country you are planning to marry.
- Certificates might require to be legalized i.e. authentically stamped, also known in the field of Apostille.
- Certificates could require that witnesses sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re legally married and that it is attached to the.