How to Single Status Certificate In Barbados

Single Status Certificate In Barbados By Online

It is recommended to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Anyone who wants to marry abroad require special documents. In the beginning, couples need to sign a declaration that is processed by the local marriage office where the documents are prepared. It must come from the state in which you reside in Barbados. This statement will be noted it is noted that there was been no marriages in the last few years.

Because these kinds of documents are needed for involvement in foreign countries, you requires a local or state registrar’s declaration or account to be authenticated in order to be able to work overseas.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Pay the amount.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate 

  • Passport or National Identity Card.
  • A proof of address.
  • If you divorce or divorced, Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed or divorced, Death Certificate of the previous partner (and marriage certificate).
  • If the name of your family member has changed through Deed Poll the proof is required.
  • The fee applicable.

Office Locations and Contacts

The Registerer of Barbados’s Supreme Court of Barbados
Registration Department
Coleridge Street
Barbados, W.I.
Telephone: +1 (246)-434-9970
Fax: +1 (246)-426-2405
High Commissions of Barbados


If you’re planning to marry in a foreign country, you might be required to get an official Certificate of Non-Impediment. This document comes in a variety of names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment to Marriage, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of a Planned Marriage, Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage in another country and Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment or Certificate of Nulla Obsta, Certificate of Independence to marry or just a certificate that allows you to get married.


In a sworn affidavit, the applicant affirms that they are the person claims to be. This Single Status Affidavit states that they are eligible and permitted to marry, in addition to other things. Keep in mind that a key characteristic of this Single Status Affidavit is that is not a official document It is an affiant’s letter that was signed before an official notary public. One interesting aspect of this kind documents is the fact that it has numerous names that are used for it. Take a check out this listing: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration” or “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or an “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

Requirements Information

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • Date and Place of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • The signature of the individual who signs the declaration
  • Signature of witnesses

The Document is required

An Single Status Certification, sometimes called the No Marriage Affidavit or Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of no Impediment is a swearing statement that states that you are able to marry.

Overseas marriage authorities typically require additional proof that the couple is able to get married. This could be an affirmation in the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the couple being married previously or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that can be useful

Be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment could not be sufficient by itself to permit an event to be held in a different country. It is possible that you will be required by authorities from abroad to adhere to the followingrequirements, so please ensure you have enough time to process.

  • Certificates might require translation.
  • Certificates could require endorsement or exchanged for an local version that is approved by your Consulate or Embassy in the country in which you are planning to marry.
  • Certificates might require legalization i.e. authentically stamped referred to by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates could require witnesses sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re allowed to marry and it is attached to the.

Other uses for the Document/Certificate

To allow non-nationals to get married in a foreign country, you’ll likely need to present legally valid documentation from the country you are a citizen of which proves that you are single and you are able to marry. This is referred to as”Certificate Of No Impediment and is also known as a ‘Certificate De Coutume’, ‘Certificate de Nulla Osta’ or “Certificate for Freedom to Marry’.

External Links

Recordings BRANCH

Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade of Barbados

Barbados Government Portal


Certificate of Non-Impediment in the marriage

It is available by contacting the local department of foreign affairs, or the ambassador in the country where you’re getting married.

Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit stating that you are not in a position to get married.

They are like a Certificate of No Impediment however, you need to prove that you are a single person before a legally authorized representative.

Leave a Comment