How to Single Status Certificate In Benin

Single Status Certificate In Benin By Online

What is the process to apply

  1. The applicant who is eligible should go to at the Ministry of Water and Mines MEM General Directorate of Mines office For office locations and contact information, click here for more information about the office address.
  2. Send your request by contacting the MEM receptionistor secretariat front desk. Collect all necessary forms for application and fill them in accurately.
  3. Complete the forms and submit them together with the documents as listed in the section on required documents below, to the MEM receptionist/secretariat, to be recorded and registered and receive an acknowledgement slip.
  4. The application will be sent by the General Directorate of Mines office to be evaluated by the department that is part of it, who will conduct an study of the effect that the research could have or might not impact on the environment or the local population. It will also make recommendations to the interministerial panel which will meet to assess the viability of the service requested.
  5. When the Commission is satisfied the research continues to be beneficial and has not caused a significant environmental damage and for the local population The research permit is renewed and will the applicant within two months in accordance with the acknowledgment slip as well as the identification documents.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • A request to transfer the exploration permit should be addressed to the Minister responsible of mines. It should contain the following information:
    • It is the mineral (s) that the permit was requested;
    • A description of the borders of the perimeter, as well as the date of its installation, in the event of a landmark being used.
    • The general plan of action and possible sequence of research to be carried out.
    • The amount of money that the applicant is required to commit to his job during the initial period of validity of the permit.
  • Copy of Articles of association between the two companies
  • A tax document that has been issued for less than three monthsago;
  • A non-bankruptcy certificate that is with a validity of less than 3 months;
  • The latest balance sheet of both companies;
  • Evidence of the financial and technical capability of the license holder
  • The list of permits issued in the past and concessions owned by the beneficiary
  • A duplicate of the researcher’s permit
  • The certified copies of agreement or contract executed with the beneficiary
  • A receipt for an amount of fixed duty to be paid at Treasury. Public Treasury.


  • The file is provided with 5 (05) copies, including the original copy.

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Water and Mines MEM
General Directorate of Mines
Address: ADJIBI building, Boulevard Saint Michel de Cotonou
Tel: +229 21 32 22 73
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8h00hrs to 12h30hrs.

Evening: 15h00hrs-18h30hrs


  • Anyone who is legal or natural who wishes to transfer their research permit to another so that he can carry on or begin the look for minerals in a particular region.


  • The processing fee is 7,000,000 CFA.


  • The validity period granted to the permit lasts three (03) years. It is able to be renewed two times for an amount that is three (3) year at a interval.

Processing Time

  • The processing period is between two months.

Requirements Information

  • The full name of the applicant/researcher
  • Contact details
  • Mineral substance that you would like to conduct to study
  • The area in which research will take place.
  • The duration of the research
  • The minimal amount of financial benefit that the applicant agrees to dedicate to their job.
  • A description of the boundaries of the perimeter, as well as the date of its installation, in the event of a landmark being used.
  • The general plan of action and possible order of the research to be conducted.
  • Justifications for renewing the permit
  • The applicant’s declaration

The Document is required

  • A research permit for mineral substance can be a legally binding document that is issued to a legal entity or a business/company from the Ministry of water and mines and minerals, which grants the researcher the right seek out a mineral within a particular region.
  • If one wants to transfer his permit an upcoming researcher, the Ministry must be first informed, and will then handle this transfer. They will then give an updated authorization to the scientist in order to allow him to continue or to begin searching for the mineral.

External Links

  • Government Service Portal: Link
  • How to Single Status Certificate  In Benin
    How to Single Status Certificate In Benin

Leave a Comment