How to Single Status Certificate In Bosnia and Herzegovina

Single Status Certificate In Bosnia and Herzegovina by Online

It is recommended to follow the guidelines of certain authorities believe are important. Anyone who wants to marry abroad require special documents. The first step is to sign a declaration which is processed by the local office, where marriage certificates are issued. The declaration must originate from the state in which you reside in Bosnia and Herzegovina. In this declaration will be noted as a fact, that it was not been any marriages in the past few years.

Because these kinds of documents are needed to participate in foreign affairs, you requires a local or state-issued registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Make sure to submit the required documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Pay the amount.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate 

  • Passport or national identity card.
  • A proof of address.
  • If you divorced or divorced, Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed, death certificate of your previous husband (and marriage certificate).
  • In the event that your address has changed through Deed Poll you must provide proof.
  • The applicable fee.

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Interior

How to Single Status Certificate In Bosnia and Herzegovina
How to Single Status Certificate In Bosnia and Herzegovina

Mehmeda Spahe 7
Phone: +387 33 280-020
Fax: +387 33 590-218

Ministry of Justice
Valtera Peri?a 15,
Phone: +387 33 213-151
Fax: +387 33 213-152 lok. 358

Bosnia and Herzegovina Diplomatic Missions Abroad


Also, be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment might not be enough by itself to permit the marriage to occur in a foreign nation. It is possible that you will be required by foreign authorities to adhere to these requirements, so ensure you have enough time to process.

  • Certificates might require translation.
  • Certificates could require endorsement or exchanged with a locally acceptable certificate issued by the Embassy or Consulate in the country in which you plan to get married.
  • Certificates might require legalization i.e. authentically stamped, also known by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates can require witnesses to sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re allowed to marry and it is attached to the.


With a sworn statement, the applicant is able to prove that they are the person the claim they are. This Single Status Affidavit states that they can and are allowed to marry, in addition to other things. Be aware that one aspect of this Single Status Agreement is that is not a official document but rather an affidavit signed by the affiant who has signed it in front of the notary public. One interesting aspect of this kind documents is the fact that it has various names for it. For instance, take a take a look at the following table: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or an “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • ID or passport number
  • The place and date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • The signature of the individual who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

Documentation is needed

The Single Status Certificate,, sometimes called No Marriage Affidavit Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of Non Impediment is a certified statement that confirms that you’re eligible to marry.

Overseas wedding authorities usually require additional proof that the couple is able to get married. This could be an admission of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the individual being married before or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that could be helpful

If you’re planning to get married in a different country, you could require the Certificate of Non-Impediment. The document can be referred to by many names like Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of Intentional Marriage, Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage Abroad or Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment or Certificate of Nulla Obsta, Certificate of Independence to marry or simply free to get married.

Certificate of no impediment for the marriage

It is available through the local department of foreign affairs or from your Embassy in the country in where you’re getting married.

Certificate of Single Status or Sworn Statement that you are not in a position to get married.

They are like a Certificate of No Impediment however, you need to prove that you are a single person before a legally authorized representative.

Other uses for the Document/Certificate

To allow non-nationals to get married in a foreign country, you’ll likely have to provide legally valid documentation from the country you are a citizen of to prove that you are single and that you are legally married. This is referred to as the ‘Certificate of no Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’, ‘Certificate de Nulla Osta’ or “Certificate for Freedom to Marry’.

External Links

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Bosnia and Herzegovina

Government of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina

Federal Ministries of Bosnia and Herzegovina


A Bride & Groom to be married must present the country of their citizenship and individual certificates of non impediment as proof that they are married and are eligible for marriage. This is also referred to as an affidavit of status as a single or a negative declaration of marriage. This form of documentation can be found by contacting the Bureau of Vital statistics in the city in which they reside.

Foreigners have to apply for permission through Bosnia and Herzegovina government. Bosnia and Herzegovina government to marry an official or a resident of Bosnia and Herzegovina. You have to prove to officials that you aren’t currently married to someone else or you’ve not been married before or all divorces have been finalized that your identity has been established and that you’ve never been convicted of any crime within Bosnia or Herzegovina. This is accomplished by submitting various documents such as an Affidavit of Single-Status for Bosnia and Herzegovina government officials. Bosnia and Herzegovina government either in Bosnia and Herzegovina or via an Bosnia and Herzegovina embassy.

Leave a Comment