How To Apply Adult Passport In Germany
- Complete the application form
- The applicants must apply for a passport renewal in person, and the information on newly issued passports is in essence an authenticated version of the personal data that is stored locally in registration documents
Documents Required Adult Passport
- Identity card
- The application form must be completed and signed by the applicant.
- Birth Certificate/Birth Declaration
- Certificate of Marriage Certificate
- If appropriate the situation requires it, you must sign you must sign a Declaration of Name Change
- The proof of registration (Einwohnermeldeamt) for Germany If the address listed in the passport remains an German residence.
- Registration Confirmation for Repatriates Lately.
Office Locations and Contacts
Bundesdruckerei GmbHOranienstrasse 91
Tel. :+49 (0)30 25 98 0
Fax: +49 (0)30 25 98 2205
Bundesministerium des Innern
Tel. :+49 30 18681-1022/-1023 /-1089
Fax: +49 30 18681-1083
What Are All The Eligibility
Only German citizens are eligible to apply for an German passport.
For applicants younger than 24 yearsold – to 59
For those who are older than 24 years of age – 37
For those who are less than 24 years old, the passport is valid for six years
for those who are over 24 years old, the passport is valid for a period of 10 years.
Documents to Utilize
10 – 12 weeks.
It is essential that the applicant appear in person
The Information You Need
- Name of birth
- Birth date
- Birthplace of the child
- Marital status
- Eye colour
- A pseudonym for a religious name or artist’s name
- Current address and contact information
- The details of the current German identity and passport papers.
- The signature of the applicant
- Residence permit for your country of the residence
The Document is required Adult Passport
German passports can be issued to citizens of Germany for traveling internationally.
An German passport, in addition to other documents like the German ID card and German emergency travel document (called “Reiseausweis as Passersatz”) is the only other official document that German authorities routinely consider as proof of identity for German citizens
Information that could be helpful
In Germany Applications for identity cards and passports are filed with the local authority for passports and identity cards.
Other uses of the document or certificate
Help in getting help to German consular officials in foreign countries (or other EU members in the event that the German consular service isn’t available).
The data/information pages are printed on the page in German, English, and French.