Trader Identification Number In Botswana By Online
- In order to apply for the Trader Identification Number (TIN) You must apply for the TIN to Botswana Unified Revenue Service (BURS). You can view the BURS contact information by clicking the following link: Link
- Download the application form to apply for ASYCUDA Trader Identification Number (TIN) from the BURS office or download it from the BURS website: Link ( Scroll down until you find “TIN Application Form” and click on the link to open the form)
- Fill out the application in two copies and supply all the necessary information as required in the application
- You should visit BURS office. Visit the BURS office and hand in the application in its entirety to the BURS officer at the desk of service
- The Officer will confirm whether your application is completed in all respects and will forward it to the Department for processing
- It will then be evaluated and if it is in compliance with the BURS requirements to be registered, it can be approved and then you are registered to be certified.
- Then, you will be assigned an unique trade Identification Number (TIN) following the registration
Required Documents For Trader Identification Number
- Complete the application form
- Valid identification document
Office Locations and Contacts
Botswana Unified Revenue Services (BURS)
Plot 53976, Kudumatse Drive
Private Bag 0013
Tel: 363 8000 / 363 9000Fax: 363 9999 / 395 3101
Contact details: Link
- To receive an Trader Identification Number (TIN), you must be registered with BURS
- Contact the appropriate authority to inquire about fees.
Documents to Utilize
- Application form: Link
- All importers and exporters that have an annual limit of P20 000.00 or more.
- All Clearing agents have to sign up regardless of threshold.
The Information You Need
- Name of Business/Organisation
- Address Basic Industrial Code Statistic
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- The Tax Payer’s Identification Number
- VAT Registration Number
Documentation is needed
- This TIN is utilized to determine registered imported as well as exporters who have a threshold of 20 000.00 or more. It is also used to identify all Clearing agents.
- BURS: Link