How To Visa / Entry Permit Extension In Cook Islands

How To Visa / Entry Permit Extension In Cook Islands

  • If you are applying for an extension of entry permits A link is available under the ‘Documents to Use’ section which you can download the application form.
  • Send the completed application form in the Immigration Office together with all the necessary documents.
  • Pay the fee for extension of entry permit.

Documents that are required Visa / Entry Permit Extension

  • A completed application is required to extend an Entry Permit
  • Valid passport


You might be required to submit additional documents to support your application. It would be best to contact an Immigration Office a call to inquire about any additional documents you need to submit or present.

Office Locations and Contacts

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Immigration

Address: PO Box 105
Cook Islands

Phone: +682 29 347
Fax: +682 21 247


Consulates and Embassies Abroad:

Cook Islands Consulate in Sydney, Australia
8/8 Lauderdale Avenue
New South Wales 2094
Phone: (+61) 2 9907 6567
Fax: (+61) 2 9949 6664

Cook Islands Consulate in Monaco, Monaco
Palais Majestic
23, boulevard Albert Ier
98000 Monaco
Phone: (+377)
Fax: (+377)

Cook Islands Consulate General in Auckland, New Zealand
1st Floor 1st Floor, 1st Floor, Symonds Street
Private Bag 92-640
Auckland 1150
New Zealand
Phone: (+64) 9-366-1100
Fax: (+64) 9-309-1876
Office Hours: 08:30am to 12:30pm, 1:30pm – 4:30pm

Cook Islands Consulate General in Oslo, Norway
The Bygdy All 64
0265 Oslo 2
Phone: (+47) 22 43 09 10 / (+47) 22 44 67 21
Fax: (+47) 22 44 46 11

Cook Islands Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Yeni Parseller. No.20 K Binasi
Kat:4-5 34805 Kavacik
Phone: (+90) 216 538 80 00-11
Fax: (+90) 216 322 37 10

Cook Islands Consulate in Los Angeles in the United States
31 Lemon Drive
Los Angeles
California 90045
United States
Phone: (+1) (805) 322-3842

Cook Islands High Commission in Wellington, New Zealand
56 Mulgrave Street
New Zealand
Phone: (+64) 4-472-5126
Telefax: (+64) 4-472-5121

What Are All The Eligibility

  • The NZ citizen who has traveled in the Cook Islands on a NZ passport is eligible for extensions of stay up to 90 days.

This clause is not applicable only to NZ citizens who traveled into Cook Islands Cook Islands on a non-NZ passport.

NZ Retirees Travelling on NZ Passports

NZ retired people (i.e. those who receive the pension for old age or the full NZ superannuation for the Cook Islands) and their spouses may, upon application granted a period of for up to 12 consecutive months with an entry permit for visitors.

Stay extension as bona-fide Visitor

The bona-fide visitor can extend their stay past 31 days by submitting an application with MFAI. Extensions of stay are granted upon application every month up to a maximum duration of six months.

Holders of passports with less than 6 month validity

Except for the conditions listed below, travelers with passports which are valid for not more than (6) weeks beyond the timeframe for their intended staying on the Cook Islands must seek authority to travel to the Cook Islands from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Immigration in Rarotonga.


  • This travel restriction doesn’t be applicable to Cook Islanders and Permanent Residents of the Cook Islands
  • As of August 30, 2010, New Zealand (NZ) and Australian passport holders can be able to travel the Cook Islands without seeking authority from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration as long as their passports are valid for at minimum seven days beyond their planned duration of stay on the Cook Islands.

Documentation Required:

In the case of Cook Islanders, the personal information on the passport will typically indicate the place where they were born within the Cook Islands. The descendants to Cook Islanders born outside the Cook Islands are issued, after submitting an application, the “Cook Islander Status” stamp on their passports. For permanent residents passport holders, their passports are stamped by a permanent resident stamp.


  • A fee is required on each application. The application must be made five working days before the expiration of the authorized time period. The cost is NZ$50.00 per person aged who are 15 and over, plus the application fee of $20. Children under 15 years old are not charged, they must be listed on an application for parents or guardians.
  • If you are eligible to stays beyond 3 (3) months The cost is $100, plus an application fee of 20 dollars.

Documents to Utilize

Application for Extension of entry Permit (PDF)

The Information You Need

  • An address in Cook Islands
  • The date of the initial arrival was the Cook Islands
  • Date current permit expires
  • Personal details
  • Passport No. Date of expiration
  • A Bond or Ticket is that is held
  • The length of the extension request
  • Arguments to request an extension

The Document is required Visa / Entry Permit Extension

Here’s the procedure for the procedure to submit an application for a visa or entry permit extension.

External Links

Cook Islands Foreign Affairs and Immigration Department

How To Visa / Entry Permit Extension In Cook Islands
How To Visa / Entry Permit Extension In Cook Islands



Leave a Comment