Yes It is really beneficial for our Environment.
- First of all it’s help to Conserves Natural Resources. E-waste Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save natural resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Second e-waste recycling protect environment from toxic chemicals by provides proper handling and management of such toxic chemical substances like mercury, lead and cadmium contained in the e-waste stream.
- Besides this Recycling of E-waste protects the health of people and the environment. Because E-waste of little value is often burned and low value e-waste tends to contain a great deal of plastic. Unregulated or under-regulated burning is often carried out at lower temperatures and releases toxins, such as dioxins, which are potent and damaging to human and animal health in a myriad of ways. Burning also releases fine particles which can travel hundreds if not thousands of miles and bring about negative consequences to respiratory health and bypass the body’s defense mechanisms, increasing the risk for a wide range of chronic diseases and cancers.
- Also the impacts of informal recycling of e-waste on air are worst for the workers who handle this waste, therefore the proper handling & recycling of e-waste is really essential & beneficial.
- Another benefit is, it preserve soil and landfills because when E-waste is improperly disposed in regular landfills or illegally dumped, both heavy metals (lead, arsenic, cadmium, and others) and flame retardants in e-waste can leach directly from the e-waste into the soil, causing contamination of underlying groundwater or contaminating crops that may be planted in that soil.
- E-waste recycling creates new jobs for professional recyclers and creates a second market for the recycled materials.
Hope it will help you!
& Support us to protect our Earth. Efrontline
Keep our Earth healthy.