Add Fathers Particulars on Birth Record In Jamaica By Online
Application In Person
- You will need to get the application form for the addition of father’s information at the Registrar General Department (RGD) office located in your region or directly from the RDG website by clicking this hyperlink: The link is
- to “documents as well as forms” or download it directly using the link in “Documents to Utilize” section below.
- Together with your partnermust fill out an application for the visa in front of an Justice of the Peace (JP) Attorney of law school principal or Clerk of the court or an Notary Public if one of parents is living abroad and has copies of the documents specified within the “Required Documents” section below. The section below is certified by an Notary Public. JP office
- Attach all of the documents with the application form. Finally, visit your local RDG office in your area to submit your application to the services section of the RDG.
- The RGD official will review your application . If it’s true, then proceed and pay the application fee. Note that you are able to choose the express service for a greater cost than the regular service.
- After payment of the fee, your application will be sent to the appropriate authority for processing . You will receive an acknowledgement receipt that includes the details of the application.
- The application gets processed. You will get the birth certificate that has the details of your child’s father added to it.
Application Using A Proxy
- If you and your companion are unable to complete the application on your own, then you may select a third party that will complete the application on behalf of you provided they have a signed written authorization letter signed by have signed as parents. The letter must contain the name, address and telephone number of the account holder your account (i.e. the parent, child husband or wife) and must confirm the approval of the third person to perform the transaction on your behalf and it should be signed by a Notary Public or a Justice of the Peace (JP)
Required Documents For Add Fathers Particulars on Birth Record
- Birth Certificate or certification of registration of the child
- A valid I.D on both of the parents (Passport Voters’ License, Driver’s I.D.)
- A certified authorization for the application of a third party
- Complete the application form
Office Locations and Contacts
Regional Office of SAVANNA-LAMAR
Address 7 1/2 Lewis Street
Telephone: 955-9265 / 955-9002
Montego Bay Regional Office
Address 22A1/2 Humber Avenue
(Natural Mystic Plaza)
Telephone: 971-8556 – 8
Marriage Unit 971-7387
Port ANTONIO Regional Office
Address 19. West Palm Ave
Telephone: 715-5226 / 715-5273
SANTA CRUZ Regional Office
Address 3 Jewel Close
Telephone: 966-9096 / 966-9970
The Regional Office of MANDEVILLE
Address Address: 24 Hargreaves Avenue,
Telephone: 625-1719-21 / 625-2028-9
ST. ANNS BAY Regional Office
Address 5 Windsor Road
KINGSTON Regional Office
Address 40 Duke Street,
Telephone: 922-0010-12 / 922-0014 / 922-0036 / 922-0018
PORTMORE Regional Office
Address: West Trade Way, Big Buy Plaza
May PEN Regional Office
Address 10- 12 Bryants Crescent,
May Pen Clarendon
- Jamaican residents or citizens of Jamaica whose born certificate is issued by Jamaica generally, the applicant or declarant must be a member of the family that is at least the age of 10 (parents or grandparents, aunt, uncle sister/brother)
- Services that are normal within six weeks 1500$
- Express services from 7 to 10 working days 3500 dollars
- Birth Certificates are valid for life.
Documents to Utilize
- Formulary for application: Link
- Normal services: 6weeks
- Express services: from 7 to 10 working day
- The applicant must show identification. when filling out the application the signatures must match the one found on ID.
- If mistakes were made while making the form, it must be completed and signed by the same signer Notary Public as well as J.P.
- The date that it was signed at the hands of J.P. or the Notary Public. Notary Public J.P. must be the same as the date on which it was signed by Declarants.
- Before submitting the application ensure that you fill in all the necessary details. An incomplete application is not considered.
- Interviews for the signing declaration are held Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m 2:00p.m.
The Information You Need
- The child’s profile
- Information for Applicants
- Mother declaration
- Father Acknowledgement
The document is needed
- Birth certificates indicate who is the father of person who is the holder of the certificate.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- Birth Certificates can be used to prove your identity.
- The certificate can also be used to apply for any other identity documents i.e. identity card, passport, marriage certificate etc.
- Registrar General Department: Link