How to Amend Firearm User Employee Certificate In Jamaica

Amend Firearm User Employee Certificate In Jamaica By Online

Application In Person

  1. To change a firearms user’s employee’s certificate or permit, whether Regular amendment or transfer amendment, go to your local Firearm Licensing Authority (FLA) office. Check out the contact information and the map of the location of the FLA headquarters and offices at this website: Link
  2. You can then get the amendment application form from the reception at the FDA office at your place of work or from the FLA headquarters office. You may also obtain the application form on the FLA website by clicking this hyperlink: Link and scroll down to choose “Amendment for (Employee’s) certificate” alternatively, you can download the form directly from the following link: Link
  3. Complete all of the sections on the application in the correct manner. Also, get all the necessary documents to support your application, as specified in the “Required Documents” section below and add them to the application form.
  4. Go to your local FLA front desk and submit your application for amendment along with all the necessary documents.
  5. A FLA representative at their service desk can review your application and the supporting documents to ensure that they are in compliance with the standard.
  6. Then you asked to take the competency assessment and then be able to pass it.
  7. Following the assessment Following the assessment, after the assessment process, FLA person at service desks will draft the payment form for your application and send it to you. Be aware that you must make the payment within 5 working days from the date of the issue.
  8. After receiving the payment confirmation take it to at the FLA auditor’s office. There, pay the amendment fee at the cashier using your debit card or credit card, or cash and receive the receipt of payment.
  9. Return back to the FLA representative at the front desk to provide the payment receipt.
  10. A FLA officer will verify that you’ve paid in the correct amount and send the amended document to Records and Information System Branch (RISB) to be processed.
  11. The RISB will then call you to arrange a time appointment for you to show your biometrics in their office.
  12. After you’ve provided the biometric data required, RISB will complete the processing of your application and issue an amendment permit.

Documents that are required

The application for regular amendment must be accompanied by the following documents:

  • Complete the application form
  • A letter from the employer authorizing the application clearly and clearly indicating removal or the addition to the firearm(s).
  • Copy of the current Certificate of the Firearm Owner’s (Employee’s) Certificate.
  • Payment receipt for application
  • A authentic duplicate from the Guard’s Individual Private Security Regulation Authority (PSRA) Card. must reflect the an ARMED Guard
  • A authentic copy of the company’s PSRA certificate.
  • Two recent Passport photographs that have been endorsed by an official Justice of the Peace. Be aware that the stamp must contain the J.P’s registration number.
  • The proof of identity could be or a copy of birth certificate or Passport, ID
  • A copy of the Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN)

Request for Transfer Amendments should be with these documents

  • The completed application form must be submitted.
  • Letter from Employer approving the application, clearly indicating the removal or the addition of firearm(s)
  • Documentation of Renewal License Cost Certificate, or a copy of the renewal receipts that must have the required stamp of the Firearm License Authority’s Auditing Department.
  • A current photocopy of Guard’s Individual Private Security Regulation Authority (PSRA) Card. must reflect the an ARMED Guard
  • A current copy of the company’s PSRA certificate.
  • Two recent Passport photos confirmed by the Justice of the Peace. The stamp must contain the J.P’s registration number.
  • The proof of identity could be or a copy of birth certificate or Passport, ID
  • A copy of the Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN)
  • A duplicate of the permit issued by an earlier company. If the guard can’t locate the permit , they must write a declaration.
  • Two recommendations from one among the categories below of people such as Ministry of Religion, Justice of the Peace Principal of the School Police Officer (not less than the rank of the Deputy Superintendent) Attorney at Law Resident Magistrate, Medical Doctor and a member of the JDF (Major and above). Recommendations should be made at the FLA and cannot be more than 6 (6) month.
  • A copy from the transfer confirmation from PSRA or a copy of the registration for the new company from PSRA
  • Last employment verification on one of the following forms:
    • A copy of the pay slip of previous employer.
    • A recommendation from an employer who has previously employed you.
    • A thorough note from P.S.R.A. informing the guard of his previous and current status as an employee (request for a letter from PSRA must be requested through the Security Company and letters will be sent for an FLA through PSRA). PSRA).

Office Locations and Contacts

Firearm Licensing Authority Headquarters
90A Old Hope Road, Kingston 6, Jamaica, W.I.
TEL: (876) 927-5159 – 60 or 927-6057 -.

Montego Bay Regional Office
Store 9, Bogue City Centre
Bogue, Montego Bay,St. James
Tel: (876) 978-0245

Mandeville Regional Office
Shop G15, James Warehouse Plaza
TEL: (876) 927-6073 or (876) 927-6075
(876) 618-0487(Digicel)
Jamaica W.I.
Tel: (876) 927-5159 > 60
Website: Link
Contact Details: link


  • Employer firearm owners can apply for this service.


  • Application fee is due at any FLA offices using Credit Cards or Debit Card or cash. Please call the authority responsible for Application fee to amend.


  • 3 months

Documents to Utilize

  • Application form: Link


Be aware that:

  • If the time period between expiration of guard’s last renewal, and application is not more than 12 months, Transfer Amendments Transfer Amendment can be facilitated with the documents required under the “Required documents” section.
  • If the period between the expiration date of the guard’s previous renewal and the date of request to apply for Regular or Transfer Amendment exceeds twelve months but is not more than twenty-four months guards will be fingerprinted , and the required security clearances for the guard will be requested. The receipt for fingerprints is available in the nearest Tax Administration Jamaica office.
  • If the period between the expiration of the guard’s last renewal date and the submission that the request for regular and transfer Amendment is more than 24 months, then the business is required to file an application for a new Firearm Certificate for the User (Employee’s) Certificate.
  • A photograph, TRN, or proof of name is required to apply for Security Guards conducting a Regular or Transfer Amendment that has been issued an FLA permit in the recent five (5) years.

The Information You Need

  • Information about the employer company
  • Employer Details
  • Applicant’s details
  • Firearm details
  • Signature and date

The document is needed

  • Modifying a Firearm User Employee Certificate You must prove that you have added new details to the Firearm Users Employer Certificate in accordance with the law every time you make changes to the firearm.

Information that can be useful

  • Application Guidelines: Link

External Links



Leave a Comment