How to Obtain Night Club/Dance Hall Trading License In Uganda

Obtain Night Club/Dance Hall Trading License In Uganda By Online

The Night Club/Dance Hall Permit/License can be transferred, and are given to an individual or to a company.

  1. To apply for a Night Clubor dance Hall License or Permit the applicant must get in touch with the Municipal Council Office of the Authority/Town/City near your location.
  2. The filled out application forms should be sent along with the appropriate documents, as required from Authority Authority in the Town Clerk office.
  3. Next step for the inspector of the Authority to visit the Night Dance Hall or club before approving the permit. It is essential to inspect the following prior to the Authority accepts the application.
    • Noise Abatement
    • Dept. of Building Inspection
      • Electrical Inspector
      • Plumbing Inspector
      • Construction Inspector (structural)
    • Fire Inspector
    • Health Inspector
    • Planning (zoning)
  4. If the applicant passes the examination The applicant will then be given bank slips to pay the appropriate License fees to the bank in accordance with the guidelines required by the Authority.
  5. After the application has been submitted with the correct fees, it is then processed, and the Permit or Licence is issued.

Notice: If you are granted permits that have unacceptable conditions in the attached conditions you are entitled to appeal within 15 days.

Required Documents For Obtain Night Club/Dance Hall Trading License

  • Applicant must get Clearance from Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives for those who are not nationals.
  • New business: the original registration certificate (Business name)
  • Certificate of incorporation of an (Company)
  • Applicant must get clearance from Uganda Registration Services Bureau.
  • Original receipt from the municipality from the previous year, which indicates an existing business
  • Original lease and rent agreement from the Landlord for the business that is being established.
  • The original trading license from the previous year to allow an already established business.

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Trade, Industries and cooperativesP.O. Box 7103 Kampala
6.8 Plot, Parliamentary Avenue
Phone: 0312 324 000/0312 324 268

Ministry of Local Government
Tel: +256-414-341224
Website :

Contact the Municipal Council Headquarters Offices are spread throughout the nation.

Gulu Municipal Council HQ
District , Local Government Airport road
P.O.BOX 201 Gulu
Phone: +256 751000910
Email Address:

Mbarara Municipal Council HQ
District Local Governance Plot No. 12 Galt Road
P. O. Box 290 Mbarara, Uganda
Phone: +256 485420955
Email Address:

Jinja Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Busoga Square
P.O Box , Jinja, Uganda
Email Address:

Entebbe Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Circular Road, Plot 2A Entebbe
. P.O Box 32 Entebbe, Uganda
Phone: +256 772 489 466
Email Address:

Bushenyi District Local Authorities
District Local Government Mbarara – Kasese road.
P.O Box 01 Bushenyi, Uganda
Phone: +256-485-43575
Email Address:

Lira Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Lira Gulu Road
. P.O.Box 49 Lira, Uganda
Phone: +256(0473) 420219
Email Address:

Kasase Municipal Council HQ
Kasese District Local Authority
District Local Authorities Rukooki, Kasese
. P.O Box 250, Rukooki, Kasese, Uganda
Phone: +256 392888974
Mail Address: /

Kitgum Municipal Council HQ
District Local Governance Achua County Kitgum
P.O Box 250, Rukooki, Kasese, Uganda
Email Address:

Mubende District Local Government
Municipal Local Government District Mubende town
P.O Box 93,Mubende Uganda
Phone: +256-392080149
Email Address:

Hoima Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Hoima, Kampala Road
P.O.Box 149, Hoima, Uganda
Phone: +256 772 566776
. Email Address:

Nansana Municipal Council HQ
Local District Government Nansana Town Wakiso
P.O Box 7218, Kampala Uganda
Phone: +256 702 459893, +256 704 308272
Mail Address:

Masaka Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Plot 11 Elgin Street
P.O.BOX Masaka, 201 Masaka
Phone: +256 751000910
Mail Address


Any person of 18 years carrying out business in Municipality/Division/Town/City/Kampala City Council Authority’s jurisdiction except those who are exempted under Section 8(2) of the Trade Licensing Act are eligible to obtain Trading license to operate a night Club /disco dance hall.


The creator must pay the applicable fee for the license at the bank in the following manner:
Cost of License:

  • (a) Grade I – (a) Grade I –
  • (b) Grade II – 112,500 Ugsh
  • (c) (c) Grade III 75,000 Ugsh
  • (d) Graduation IV 45,000 Ugsh

Fee for Renewal:

  • (a) Grade I – Grade I – 187,500 Ugsh
  • (b) Grade II – 112,500 Ugsh
  • (c) (c) Grade III 75,000 Ugsh
  • (d) Graduation IV 45,000 Ugsh


Validity: 1 year

Processing Time

Maximum Processing Time: 1 Day


  • You must have a Dance Hall permit if you would like to allow guests to dance.Also be aware that the Dance Hall permit only allows dancing until 12:00 midnight, unless you have a specific authorization by the Authority.
  • While this Night Club Permit /Licence allows individuals to stay in the bar however, it doesn’t necessarily allow dancing, which is the reason they are issued in tandem. (Nightclub/Dance Hall Permit/Licence).

The Information You Need

  • Names as well as the physical and postal address of the applicant
  • Lawful Status for the applicant
  • List and details of Shareholders( If any)
  • Certificate of Registration
  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Memorandum as well as Articles of Association
  • Deed of Partnership
  • Deed of Trust, in the manner appropriate
  • Information on whether the shareholder ever been found guilty of a crime in Uganda or any other country.
  • The Directors’ List and the Particulars of Directors.
  • details if you’ve ever obtained a Licence. You should also provide the type of Licence, the date of issue and the number of your Licence.

Information that can be useful

  • If you run an establishment (a bar, restaurant or whatever) and you have customers are able to get up and begin dancing, you’re in violation of the law if your establishment doesn’t have one of the Night Club/Dance Hall permits.
  • The State permit can be transferred and may be given to a business rather than an individual however, the City permits aren’t transferable and are only given only to an individual (not an organization). If you own either of them and you are looking to sell your company, the buyer will need the option of applying for their own copy of the permit.
  • In order to determine the fee to be paid by any municipality, city, or township, the minister will through a statutory order divide the territory of each municipality, city or town into groups.
    • Grade I zones to include all industrial zones in District and Municipality. Municipality as well as District.
    • Grade II areas that encompass all areas not included in Grade I zones in the Municipality.
    • The Grade III areas are the trading centers- within districts.
    • Grade IV zones that are outside the trading centres of the District.
  • The following link comprises of Grading of the Areas in the Division/Municipality/Town/City/District.

Grading Link

External Links



Leave a Comment