How To Apply Child Passport In Germany
The best method is to ensure that all documents required are in order and then fill out the application form. Fill out the form along with all the necessary documents. Make sure you pay all charges applicable.
Documents that are required Child Passport
- Form for applying (completed with capital letters for the benefit of child)
- A current travel document or Kinderausweis (original and photocopied)
- Birth certificate for the child
- Naturalization certificate for child and/or parents, if applicable.
- Valid identity or passports for each parent (original or photocopies)
- Marriage certificate/extract from family book If applicable
- The most current German municipal authority registration deregistration forms
- Two recent, similar, passport photographs with the same background and bright colors. Eyes should be wide open. (From 6 years old the requirement for biometric photographs is required.
Office Locations and Contacts
Bundesdruckerei GmbHOranienstrasse 91
Tel. :+49 (0)30 25 98 0
Fax: +49 (0)30 25 98 2205
Bundesministerium des Innern
Tel. :+49 30 18681-1022/-1023 /-1089
Fax: +49 30 18681-1083
What Are All The Eligibility
German children as young as 12 years old.
Documents to Utilize
Child’s Passport Registration Form (pdf) 224.27k]
The registration forms can be obtained directly at the Brgeramt or on the internet at: The form service of the administrative office for citizens.
Examples of Documents
- Baby is German nationality.
- Baby is present during the time of application.
- If the parents or parent that have official custody rights over their child is present (if parents share legal custody (Sorgerecht) the parents must be present.
- Child is registered with an apartment
- The application is submitted in the area you are registered in.
The Information You Need
- Full names of children.
- Names of parents
- Birth date
- The place of birth
- Eye colour
The Document is required Child Passport
A child’s passport is a type of passport that is issued to children who are 12 years old in Germany. It is not equipped with biometrics and does not have the emblem from the European Union at the top of the cover.
Information that can be useful
Fees – Fees are payable in either cash or credit card on the Passport Section at the time of the application.
German passport photo requirements for passports
If one parent isn’t at the time of application, it may be completed with just one parent present in the event that you have the signatures of both parents. absent parent is on the authenticated on the original passport or on the second line of passport applications. Also, the passport certified copy is included. Important Certifications must be signed through the German Honorary Consul or an official from the German Mission Abroad, or a Notary Public (with the seal).