Apply Airline Operating Permit (AOP) in Nigeria by yourself
- To apply for an Airline Operating Permit in person applicants must visit the Director General’s office for the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
- Contact information and address for the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) are available in this link: Contact Link
- Go to the NCAA office with an application form in writing and executed by an individual authorized by the person applying to apply the Airline operating Permit.
- Be sure to have all the documents you need on the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Fill out the form according to the requirements and include relevant information under the respective sections. When you have completed the application form, attach the necessary documents along with the completed application form.
- After that, you must send the application along with the necessary documentation to Director General in his office to facilitate additional processes.
- Make payment of the non-refundable processing cost by an Bank Draft payable to the NCAA and present the documentation of the payment to the office.
- Once submitted the form is completed, and the supporting documents will go through further verification and verification procedures.
- When all the steps are completed and the authorities have completed the process, they will then take all the necessary steps to begin the process of granting permits.
Required Documents For Airline Operating Permit
- A letter of application in writing
- Corporate Incorporation Certificate (Certified Copy)
- A certified copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Directors’ information for the Company on Form CAC7
- Allotment Return/Share Capital Form CAC2
- Certificate of the company’s and the Director’s tax clearance
- The business plan of the company
- The evidence of financial viability for the applicant
- Personal Histories Statement (Duly completed)
- The receipt or proof of payment must be presented.
- Notice of Applicant’s Proof in the newspaper
- Proof of adequate insurance
The applicants are advised to read the “Requirements” section on the link below for more detailed information: required documents link
Office Locations and Contacts
Lagos Office,Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority,
Murtala Muhammed Airport,
21038 Ikeja Lagos,
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: Link
What are all the Eligibility
- Any business or individual who wishes to continue the operations of Airlines and provide non-scheduled services only is eligible to apply to apply for the permit.
- The entity applying for the permit must have an original document to be qualified in the application process for the permit.
- Non-refundable processing fee: N500,000.00
- Following the receipt of the permit the annual usage fee of N100,000.00 must be paid.
A permit of this type can be used for a duration of three years.
- The Director General is entitled to request any additional details from the applicant in relation to the application.
- Any airline that offers services of air transport to hire and reward must have adequate insurance for cargo, passengers and third parties. The insurance should be adequate to provide compensation in the amount of $100,000.00 USD (one hundred thousand US dollars) for each passenger, in the event in the event of injury or death.
- It is crucial that the form you fill out contain all the necessary information in a timely manner and be properly filled out so that it can be approved from the Authority.
- Be sure to include all required documents according to the requirements of the authority in order to prevent rejections.
The Information You Need
- Name of the applicant and trade name
- Contact and address details
- The number of permits previously issued and the The Date Expiry(if any)
- Information about the office
- Physical address and website address
- Cargo Quality and Passenger Categories
- Information on incorporation
- Information about Share Capital
- The type of service to be offered;
- The types and number of aircraft that will be used in the future; and
- The proposed base for operation for the postulant.
- Staff members employed
- Particulars about banking
The Document is required
- Anyone who lives inside Nigeria Republic of Nigeria must have the Airline Operating Permit in order to operate and establish an Airline company within the Republic.
Information that can be useful
- The technical review of the application, along with a suitable recommendation will be sent to the Air Transport Licensing Committee (ATLC) to be considered and approved for the issue of the Licence or not when the Security Clearance has been received by the Ministry.
- The Authority will, as part of conducting the technical assessment of the application, cause the notification of the request to go out on the Official Government Gazette, the cost of which will be payable by the person who is submitting it.
Civil Aviation Regulations can be found on the following webpage: Link