Apply for a New Business Work Permit In Bermuda By Online
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents required to submit the application. Prepare all the necessary documents to support the
- Get the application for the form at the Immigration department, or download it using here: form
- Take your time reading the form because it is made up of various sections and forms.
- Complete the application form and verify that you have all required documents , as stated in Section 5 of the application form.
- If the permit for work is in a job classification that requires a statutory body to be consulted, fill out the Reference to Statutory Council form in section 7 to complete completed along with the medical clearance form in section 8 on the form for application.
- Pay the application fees and add the receipt to the application form.
- Send an application letter at the Department of Immigration justifying your request . Attach the application form along with the necessary documents.
- The ministry will review your application, and if they get satisfactory results , they will issue the license.
Note: The final decision about what qualifies as a new business is the responsibility of the Minister.
Required Documents For Apply for a New Business Work Permit
- The completed application for a New Business Work Permit Formulation
- Police certificates
- Medical clearance
- References to character and employment
- Fees that are required (see below)
- Copy of the job advertisement
- Passport-sized photographs
- Documentation proof of nationality (passport)
- Documentation of a multiple-entry Permanent Visa or Resident Visa/Permanent Resident Card is issued by the US/Canada/UK
- Certificate of marriage (if appropriate)
- Birth certificate
- Statement of employment
- Taxes paid to the government and employee benefits
- Additional information/supplementary sheet that includes company information and employer details, along with details on efforts made to hire local resources
- New companies also need to provide an official certificate of incorporation as well as a the company’s profile.
- Businesses that are planning to require more than 10 working permits in the initial six months their operation (e.g. moving an existing business to an other jurisdiction) and 114B businesses will have to present their Bermuda workplace staffing plan.
Check out the check list in the section 5 of the Application form.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Immigration:
Government Administration Building
30 Parliament Street
P.O. Box HM 1364
Immigration Office Opening Hours: 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m.
Telephone: 441-295-5151 Ext. 1378
Additional contact numbers:
- Chief Immigration Officer Chief Immigration Officer Ext 1444
- Assistant Chief Immigration Officer: 441-295-5151
- The Personal Service Division
- Personal Services Manager Personal Services Manager Ext 1393
- Status and Long Residents who are Long
- Land & Travel Documents 441-295-5151 Ext 1941
- Visas 441-295-5151 Ext 1393
- Corporate Services (Work Permits) Division:
- Executive Manager of Corporate Services: 441-295-5151 Ext . 1940
- Finance & Banking Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1534
- Service Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1388
- Government & Other Industries: 441-295-5151 Ext 1389
- Compliance Manager Compliance Manager Ext 1395
- Principal Compliance Officer Principal Compliance Officer
- Compliance (Airport) Airport Compliance
- Administrator & Finance Manager Contact: 441-295-5151 Ext 1943
- Hotline for Immigration Contact: 441-296-5202
To be eligible to be eligible for the New Business Work Permit, employers must offer:
- A certificate of incorporation for an Bermuda exempted corporation or section 114B certificates
- The date on which the company is or will begin operating (if the date of its first day of operation isn’t identical to that of the incorporation date).
- One Year Global Work permit: $ 1775
- Two Years Global Work Permit: $ 3150
- For three year period Global Wok permit: $ 4300
- Four Years Global Work Permit: $ 5445
- Five Years Global Work Permit: $ 6765
- A new Business Work Permit may be issued with a validity between 1 and 5 years.
Documents to Utilize
- New Business Work Permit Application Form: Application Form
- 10 working days
- New 114B companies that are new to Bermuda can be issued New Business Work Permits however , they’ll be limited to five permits in 6 months following getting the permit for the first time.
The Information You Need
- Name of the applicant
- Birth date
- Short-term work permit type of application
- Employment details:
- Employer (name to be displayed on the work permit)
- Contact information for the employer
- Telephone, Cellular and Fax
- Requested start date
- Remunerations for each year
- Request duration of permit (1 one year maximum)
- Applicant name
- The proposed job title or the purpose
- The relationship between the employer and applicant is a family one.
- Details of the applicant’s nationality and dependents who are sponsored
- Personal information of the applicant and dependents sponsored by the applicant
- Education, training, and employment
The Document is required
- A new Business Work Permit allows an exempted firm that is new to Bermuda to get an automatic approval for work permits within the first six months following the issuance of the first permit to start a business.
Information that could be helpful
- Work Permit Policy: Work Permit Policy
- Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda
- Categories of Jobs: Job Categories