Apply for a Passport In Macau By Yourself
- If you are a resident of Macau You must apply on the spot at Macau’s Identification Department (DSI).
- Make an application to apply to get an identity card.
- Send in a complete application with all required documents.
- Make payment for the fee of application.
- The passport you have purchased will be available in 10 days. Express Service, 2 working days.
Applications are accepted via Post
- For applicants not located in Macao applicants can make an application via post.
- Log into through the Postal Application Service system of DSI to get the application numbers.
- Print the application slip.
- Make sure you send “Part two” on the form slip as well as the necessary documents to DSI by post. (Mailing address: Macau Postal Box No. 1089/ Avenida da Praia No. 804, Edificio China Plaza, 20 andar, Macau).
- Once the documents are received, DSI will update the applicant’s status within the “Postal Application Service” system. Candidates should verify their status on the system at any the date.
- When the status of the application shifts from “Please be sure to pay the application”,pay the required fee to finish your application. You can pay the fee via the following ways:
- Pay online with credit card through the “Postal Application Service” system.
- A person who is authorized to pay the fee. person: A person applying for the application can let a person living in Macao in Macao to make the necessary payment in person at DSI in the name of the applicant by clearly stating this in the letter of application.
- If you’ve paid a bill towards government officials of the Macao Special Administrative Region Government in error due to a system malfunction or any other reason that the individual concerned must call an Identification Services Bureau (DSI) immediately. DSI will refund the appropriate amount to the individual concerned.
- If the applicant wishes to cancel his application and receive a return of their application cost following having completed the transaction online, the applicant must submit a written request to DSI to receive the refund.
Required Documents For Apply for a Passport
- Original Macao SAR Permanent Resident Identity Card (will be returned to the person who applied after being verification);
- Photograph that meets the standards; a recent color, bareheaded , and full-faced photo with a simple white background, in 1.5 inches. Illustrations of accepted images
- The old Macao SAR (Electronic ) Passport when renewing;
- Macao SAR(Electronic) Travel Permit, if possess;
- An official police lost-report sheet to be used by applicants who are unable to provide the previous Macao SAR (Electronic ) Travel Permit or Macau SAR(Electronic) Passport;
- Photographic copies from both parent’s and their identification document and both parents or the legal guardian must complete the application form – for applicants who are not yet of 18 years;
- Additionally, Macao SAR Electronic Passport is issued as an individual passport The applicant’s spouse and children are required to be able to apply for the respective passports.
Application through Post:
- An application form that has been completed. Candidates are able to download the application form via the “Postal Application Service” system of DSI or ask DSI to mail the application form to them via postal mail or get the application form from an agent in Macao.
- Photographic copy from Macao ID Card for Permanent Resident of SAR
- Photograph that meets certain conditions: a recent color 1.5-inched Full-faced and bareheaded photo with a plain white background , recent (see the specifications of the photograph);
- Documents supporting the claim that prove the applicant cannot submit an application on their own, like evidence of education or work, etc.
- For those who are older than 5years, at least a clear set of 10 fingerprint impressions must be submitted (see the Fingerprint Form);
- Macao travel permit SAR (if there is one);
- For renewal applications applicants must submit the previous Macao SAR Passport;
- A loss report is required if applicants are unable to present the previous Macao SAR Permit to Travel Permit or the previous Macao SAR Passport;
- When the person applying is not over 18 years old Photocopies of each parent’s identification documents are required. Additionally each parent must complete the application form.
Specifications for photographs:
- Color, recent photo, with bare-headed and full-faced.
- Dimensions of the photograph should be 45mm tall by 35mm in width (1.5 inches). Photograph must be taken with a simple white background without any margin.
- The photo has to be crisp and clearly clear. There are no effect lenses allowed.
- The photograph cannot be altered in any way to alter the appearance of the person applying, for example, scars or moles and so on.
- The photograph should be face-to-face and clearly show the facial characteristics that the person applying for it clearly.
- The wearing of head coverings is not allowed and heavy makeup such as camisoles, tube-tops, or camisoles must be avoided when taking photos.
- To show the full face, excessive accessories must be avoided when taking photos.
Photos that are not in line with the above will be rejected:
- Eyes and facial features are protected by the frames of glasses (applicant must avoid wearing thick and heavy frames in white or black)
- The eyes are covered with hair or between eyebrows
- Contact lenses that are colored or contact lenses that provide an the effect of enlarging the iris (commonly called “Big eyes contact lenses”)
- Glare or reflections are visible on glasses or the face.
- There is shadow
- The photo was used in an application two years ago.
Office Locations and Contacts
Identification Services BureauDepartment of Identification for Residents
Avenida da Praia Grande,
No. 804, Edf. China Plaza,
1. Andar, Macau
Mailing Address: Macau P.O. Box 1089
Hotline: (853)28370777 / (853)28370888
Monday to Friday 9 am until 6 at
(Closed on Sundays, Saturdays and legal holidays)
Anyone who meets all the following requirements can apply for the Macao SAR Electronic Passport
- Permanent resident from Macau SAR and Chinese nationality.
- Cardholders with Macao The SAR permanent Resident ID card.
- Standard: MOP 300.00
- urgent: an additional fee of MOP 150.00 will be charged.
- If applicants are unable present the original (electronic) documents for travel due to the fact that it’s lost, damaged or damaged, or isn’t available, they will have to pay additional charges in the following manner:
- Initial timers: an additional cost in the amount of MOP 150.00;
- Second time: an additional charge in the amount of 300.00;
- Third time: additional charge for MOP 600.00;
- Fourth time: additional cost in the amount of MOP 1,200.00;
- Fifth or higher Additional fee in the amount of 2,400.00.
Candidates who are not financially ability in the following circumstances are eligible to apply for exemption from application fees The conditions of fee exemptions are:
- The applicants must complete and sign a declaration to confirm their unemployment status and agree that they are guilty of crimes for making a false declarations.
- Complete an Employment Registration issued by the Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL).
- The applicant needs to compose and sign a formal letter to request a fee exemption;
- Send the original along with photocopies of an authentic beneficiary card issued by IAS, the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
- The applicants must make a written and signed declaration of their financial incapacity
- Send the original along with photocopies of the current Disability Assessment Registration Card issued by the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
Note: Additional documents could be required to support the applicants to verify their financial capability with DSI If required.
Application by Mail: Application fee + Postage + Surcharge (if applicable)
- Application fee
- Standard application MOP300.00.
- Urgent applications: an additional cost of MOP150.00.
- Normal: an extra fee for MOP40.00 (air signed mail)
- Express: In accordance with the cost of postage charged by the Express Courier company (the amount can differ according on the destination and size of documents).
- The applicant must submit an inquiry in writing, when he or she chooses express delivery of the document. DSI will deliver documents to person who requested it using Macao Post’s Express Mail.
- Charge (if applicable)
- Additional charges may be assessed if the applicant does not provide the previous passport when making the application, or if the applicant is replacing their passport because of defacement or damage of the passport:
- This is the first occasion: an added cost in the amount of MOP 150.00;
- A second and subsequent charge for MOP 300.00;
- A third and final cost for MOP 600.00;
- Fourth time around: additional cost in the amount of MOP 1,200.00;
- The fifth time or more An additional charge in the amount of MOP 2,400.00.
- Normal: 10 working days.
- Urgent: 2 working days.
- The date of expected collection is calculated from the next day following the the submission of all required documentation to DSI. In certain circumstances the expected collection date will be adjusted.
- If you damage or lost, previous Macao SAR (Electronic) travel Permit and Macao SAR (Electronic) Passport the time for reissue on the replacement Passport can be up to 60 days, at a maximum. Applications for urgent requests are not accepted under normal circumstances , unless a an application in writing and the other supporting documents are provided. The approval decision will be announced within 2 working days.