Apply for a Periodic Work Permit In Bermuda By Yourself
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents required for the application.
- Download the application Form from the Immigration department, or download it using here: form
- Be sure to read the form thoroughly since it has a variety of sections and forms.
- Complete the application form and verify that you have all necessary documents listed in Section 5 of the application form.
- If the permit for work is in a job classification that requires a statutory body to be consulted, fill out the Referral To Statutory council Formula in Section 7, and get it filled out along with the medical clearance form in Section 8
- Pay the application fee and add the receipt to the application form.
- Send an application letter at the Department of Immigration justifying your request . Attach the application form with the supporting documents.
- The ministry will examine your application, and if they find satisfactory results, they will then grant you the permission.
Required Documents For Apply for a Periodic Work Permit
- Forms that have been completed for the Periodic Work Permit application. Formulation
- Police certification
- Medical clearance
- Character and employment references
- Fees that are required (see below)
- Copy of the job advertisement
- Photos in passport-size
- Documentation that you are a citizen (passport)
- Documentation of a Permanent Visa or Resident Visa/Permanent Resident Card is issued by the US/Canada/UK
- Certificate of marriage (if appropriate)
- Birth certificate
- Statement of employment
- Taxes paid to the government and employee benefits
Check out the check list in the section 5 of the application form.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Immigration:
Government Administration Building
30 Parliament Street
P.O. Box HM 1364
Immigration Office Opening Hours: 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m.
Telephone: 441-295-5151 Ext. 1378
Contact numbers for other companies:
- Chief Immigration Officer Chief Immigration Officer Ext 1444
- Assistant Chief Immigration Officer: 441-295-5151
- The Personal Service Division
- Personal Services Manager Personal Services Manager Ext 1393
- Status and Long Residents with Status 441-295-5151 Ext 1952
- Land & Travel Documents 441-295-5151 Ext 1941
- Visas 441-295-5151 Ext 1393
- Corporate Services (Work Permits) Division:
- The Corporate Services Manager is 441-295-5151, Ext. 1940
- Finance & Banking Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1534
- Service Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1388
- Government & Other Industries: 441-295-5151 Ext 1389
- Compliance Manager Compliance Manager Ext 1395
- Principal Compliance Officer Principal Compliance Officer
- Compliance (Airport) Airport Compliance
- Administrator & Finance Manager Contact: 441-295-5151 Ext 1943
- Immigration Hotline Call 441-296-5202
- Professionals working for an overseas company and who are in available to provide services for a business based in Bermuda.
- One Year Global Work permit: $ 920
- Two Years Global Work Permit: $ 2295
- 3 Years Global Wok permit: $ 3440
- Four Years Global Work Permit: $ 4570
- Five Years Global Work Permit: $ 5905
- The permit may be granted for a from one year to five years.
Documents to Utilize
- Periodic Work Permit: Periodic Work Permit
- The advertisement for a Periodic Work Permit is not required.
- Permits for Periodic Work may be granted for a period of one three, two, five, or four years.
- If, after arrival, you are the owner of a Permanent Work Permit requires a stay of more than thirty days, employers may request an extension up to a additional 30 days;
- The holder of a Periodic Work Permit must not be present in Bermuda for longer than 180 days during the calendar year.
The Information You Need
- Name of the company
- Fees to be submitted
- Name of the applicant
- Birth date
- Work permit type application
- Employment details:
- Employer (name to be included on the work permit)
- Contact information for the employer
- Telephone, Cellular and Fax
- Requested start date
- Request the length of permit
- Applicant name
- Job title or goal
- The relationship between the employer and applicant is a family one.
- The following information should be provided by the person applying in the event that a single periodic work permit applications are meant to:
- The applicant’s Nationality information and dependants sponsored by the applicant
- Personal information of applicants and their sponsored dependents
- Education, employment, qualifications, and training
The Document is required
- This document is for employers looking to hire non-residents who are able to make multiple trips to Bermuda for a certain period of time, but not staying longer than 30 days per visit.
Information that could be helpful
- Work Permit Policy: link
- Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda