How To Apply for a Refugee Visa In Belgium
- In order to apply for refugee status You must make the Belgium Consulate or Embassy or, more preferably, one of the offices under UN the High Commissioner of refugees (UNHCR).
- You will be required to write and submit the Application Form along with other documents, such as the promise of the Belgium sponsors (usually an organisation) to assist you in your efforts to resettle.
- However, that’s not all.
- You’ll need to submit evidence of your persecution, as well as an affidavit that explains in detail the circumstances surrounding your persecution and why you’re scared to return to your country of origin.
- The affidavit is crucially important and should detail the specifics of what occurred to you and what you’re afraid will be the outcome if you were to return.
(It’s it’s not sufficient just to simply say that something generic such as, “I was persecuted.” You must explain in detail the kind of persecutors that could be protected,
- Additionally, you’ll need to take an examination for medical reasons.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will have a meeting with an asylum officer from overseas who will take a final decision regarding your case.
- If you are approved, you will be issued a visa can be used to travel into the Belgium.
- If your request to be granted refugee status has been rejected There is no chance to appeal.
- You may also include in your Applicant dossiers of your relatives or family petition with supporting documents to prove your relationship such as birth certificates, marriage certificates and marriage certificates;
- Documents are reviewed at the office that is authorized to verify the validity of the documents and their relationships;
- After viewing , documents are confirmed or rejected
- If it is accepted, the application will be forwarded to the appropriate immigration office or Embassy.
- Participants are questioned to confirm their the identity of the beneficiary.
Documents that are required Refugee Visa
- Identification cards
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificates
Office Locations and Contacts
Commissioner General for Stateless Persons and Refugees
Boulevard du Roi Albert II, 26 A
Tel: 02 205 51 11
Fax: 02 205 51 15
the Office of the Commissioner General
for stateless people and refugees WTC II
Boulevard du Roi Albert II, 26 A
Tel. : 02-205 51 11
Fax: 02-205 51 15
It’s usually for one (1) year, then it is renewed.
The process can be a long time or longer.
- The applicant must meet the standard requirements for refugees in regards to excludingability.
- The applicant must have been granted the status of an applicant through adjudication, not a the basis of a derivative.
- The position should be filled in the next two years.
- Beneficiaries include spouses as well as children younger than 18 even if they are not married.
- Refugees must show that they are able to justify their worry about persecution to come, such as that based on religion, race or nationality, affiliation with one particular social group and/or political views. ;
- The persecutors must be executed by the government, or by a group that the government is unable to be able to control.
- Anyone who is granted the status of a political refugee is able to stay within the Foreign country indefinitely , and can apply for permanent residency within one year.
- Dependents who are over 18 (18) years old can be enrolled independently;
- Be in compliance with all laws and regulations of your country.
- Follow all measures taken to maintain public order.
- It is not advisable to engage in activities that may jeopardize the security of the state, hurt the public interest or undermine the public order.
- If you are tempted to engage in any political activities
- Do not engage in any activity in relation to another country.
- If one is employed for gain the employee is required to pay the appropriate taxes.
The Information You Need
- The applicant’s complete information;
- Contact details
- The date of birth of the applicant
- Details of the relationship with the beneficiary
- Information about the beneficiary
- Age of the beneficiary
The Document is required Refugee Visa
If you believe you are eligible to be granted refugee status, here’s how you can show that in the eyes of Belgium government. Refugees who receive asylum status within Belgium are granted specific rights under the Belgium laws on immigration. If you believe you are qualified for these protections, you’ll need to comply with the guidelines of the application for refugee status procedure and prove your eligibility before authorities from the Belgium government.
The distinction between asylum and refugee status lies in the place you apply. If you wish to be considered refugees , you need to apply outside Belgium and those who seek asylum have to do so at either the Belgium border (including ports, airports, and similar places) or within Belgium. This article will provide an overview of the procedure for applying to obtain refugees.