Apply for a Research Permit for Mineral Substance In Benin By Online
- The applicant who is eligible should go to The Ministry of Water and Mines MEM General Directorate of Mines office Please refer to the office location and contact section’ below for more information about the office address.
- Send your request in the MEM receptionistor the front desk. Take all of the required application forms and fill them in accurately.
- Complete the forms and submit them together with the supporting documents as listed in the section on required documents below, to the MEM receptionist/secretariat to be recorded and registered and then receive an acknowledgment slip.
- The application will be sent into the General Directorate of Mines office to be evaluated by the department that is responsible for it, who will conduct an investigation into the type of effects the research could have on the environment as well as the local population. The department will also submit its findings to the interministerial commission who will be constituted to evaluate the viability of the proposed service.
- When the Commission is satisfied the research is beneficial and that it will not cause significant effects on the environment or for the local population the permit for research is issued within two months in accordance with the acknowledgement slip as well as the identification documents.
Required Documents For Apply for a Research Permit for Mineral Substance
- A request for allocation addressed to the Minister responsible of mining, and noting
- It is the mineral (s) that the permit is sought;
- Description of borders of the perimeter as well as the date of its installation, when a landmark is employed.
- The overall plan and the probable sequence of research to be carried out.
- The minimal amount of financial benefit the applicant is required to commit to his job during the initial period of duration of the permit.
- An original copy of the articles of association for the company.
- A tax document that has been issued for less than three months ago.
- A non-bankruptcy certificate that is not older than three months.
- Copy of current balance sheet, if any.
- A list of the management members.
- The evidence of the financial and technical capability for the person applying.
- A list of prior permits and concessions where applicable.
- A map of the area impacted by the permit on the biggest possible scale.
- A receipt for an amount of fixed duty to be paid at Treasury. Public Treasury.
- The file is provided as the form of five (05) copies that include the original copy.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Water and Mines MEM
General Directorate of Mines
Address: ADJIBI building, Boulevard Saint Michel de Cotonou
Tel: +229 21 32 22 73
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday: 8h00hrs – 12h30hrs
- Evening: 15h00hrs-18h30hrs
- Anyone legal or natural looking to conduct research in a specific area of study on a mineral substance
- Processing fees are FCFA 5,000,000.
- The validity period for permits is 3 (03) years. It is able to be renewed two times for an amount which is 3 (3) years each interval.
- It is expected to be processed two 2months
The Information You Need
- The full name of the applicant/researcher
- Contact details
- Mineral substance you want to to study
- Research area where the research will be conducted.
- The duration of the research
- The minimal amount of financial benefit the applicant is required to put into his/her job.
- A description of the borders of the perimeter, as well as the date of the installation in the event of a landmark being used.
- The general plan of action and possible order of the research to be conducted.
The Document is required
- The research permit for mineral substances can be a legally binding document that is issued to a legal person or business from the Ministry of mine and water and minerals, which grants the researcher the right look for minerals within a specific region.
- Government Service Portal Link