How To Apply for a Work Permit In Australia
- The first step is to find an employer in the area who will help them. They can choose to select a contractor management firm to assist in obtaining an employment permit. In this instance, the selected contractor management firm can serve as a sponsor since they are mainly focused on helping people obtain an Australia work permits.
- The applicant begins by selecting the kind of work permit would like to seek. It could be a permanant or temporary Australian work permit.
- You can add up your points by with an Australian Visa points system used by the government to assess your admissibility to the work permit.
- An independent skilled (migrant) visa is required to earn 120 points. Points earned by a qualification include the age of an applicant, English language skills, the level of education, job abilities, and experience in the workplace.
- A person who is applying for a job should visit that you go to the Australian Government Department of immigration Citizenship website (www.immi.gov.au) to find the type of work in the Skilled Worker List;
- Find out your skills in the Australian government’s Skilled Occupation List. The Australian government has to recognize your qualifications prior to you applying for an visa.
- Visit immi.gov.au/asri to locate the assessing authority with expertise in your area and then send this authority proof of your skills in the field including transcripts from your school and references from work to be approved.
- Once determining the kind of job, the candidate is then able to contact the assessing authority responsible for the specific type of employment using the details provided on the Skilled Worker List and then request an information list to provide to the authority assessing the job;
- Make sure you have all the documentation that is required by the authority assessing;
- Also , take test English competency test, if it’s necessary;
- Get a work permit application then sign and complete it.
- Now, you can pay the cost of obtaining a work visa;
- Additionally, sign and date the Australian Values Statement and submit application.
- If you are asked, schedule an examination for your health by a panel doctor who has been approved by the Australian government has accepted.
- Call the Department for Immigration and Citizenship for a panel of immigration doctor in your area.
- The doctor will send their findings directly to government officials.
You can apply online by visiting this site http://www.immi.gov.au/Pages/Welcome.aspx
Documents that are required Work Permit
- Birth Certificate
- Photos of passports
- Valid passport
- One passport photo
- Documents that have been translated
- Medical fitness certificate
- A proof of the degree of education (such like a university diploma) and
- Evidence of experience in the job (such such as payslips, or recommendations).
- If you’ve been in another country in the past, you may be required to present a police certification
- school transcripts
- Work references
Office Locations and Contacts
Address: Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Scott Morrison MP
The Minister of Immigration and Border Protection
PO Box 6022
Canberra ACT 2600
Telephone: 02 6277 7860
Fax: 02 6273 4144
Address for postage:
Senator Michaelia Cash
PO Box 1966
West Perth, WA, 76872
Secretary Minister of Immigration and Border Protection
PO Box 6100
Canberra ACT 2600
Telephone: 02 6277 7610
Offices of the electorate:
44 Outram Street
West Perth WA 6005
Telephone: 08 9226 2000
Fax: 02 9226 2211
1.Australia Embassy and High Commissions or consulates in various countries.
2.Government of Australia, Department of Immigration and Border Protection visit this site http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/our-offices.aspx
6 Chan Street
Belconnen ACT 2617
The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
PO Box 25 Belconnen ACT 2616
Telephone: 6264 1111
Telephone: 131 88102
Fax: 02 6225 6970
The numbers listed above can only be used if you are calling from within Australia. If you are outside Australia and want to make an enquiry please contact the relevant Australian Immigration office overseas by visiting this site http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/our-offices.aspx
If you have a question regarding your Australian passport, contact for the Australian Passport Office. Telephone: 131 232
What Are All The Eligibility
To be considered eligible the applicant must be proficient in his or her job area and have less than forty-five (45) years old; and be able to help the economic growth of Australia within the shortest amount of time.
The fee could be as low as $265 to $7165AUD, depending on the type of permit for work requested
- Temporary employment is allowed for up to 4 (4) years and
- Permanent work permits last for four (4) years. After an additional four (4) years, an applicant may make an application to be granted an permanent Australian residency.
Documents to Utilize
Sample application may be viewed at : http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/application-forms/forms_alpha.htm#w
Processing times can vary across Australia 4 to 6 weeks.
- The applicants must be between 18 (18) and forty-five (45) years old;
- It is also important to make sure that the person has the necessary skills to be able to work in Australia;
- You must have recent work experience;
- Candidates with unique abilities who are in Australia are able to work without employer support in the context of the skilled visa general
- Begin to apply to apply for the Australia work permit at the time you decide to accept a job offer;
- The applicants should make sure that they have all the necessary documents.
- A candidate must prove that they have has a basic understanding of English in order to be able to work.
- The applicant must have completed an education post-high primary school (post-secondary education) as well as
- You must also be in good standing (this can be proved by presenting a police certificate for each location you’ve resided after the age of sixteen (16) years old).
- The documents needed for the relevant requirements should have their translations done into English
- Name of the applicant
- Age, Sex and marital status
- Information about work experience
The Document is required Work Permit
Work permits are authorization documents that permit an individual to be employed in a specific job in which the worker is not an Australian resident. A Australian work permit, also known as a work visasare issued to those who meet the criteria set for them by Australian government. Australian government.
There are both permanent and temporary work permits available in Australia. Work permits for temporary duration are granted for a maximum period of 4 (4) years. Permanent work permits are issued until the duration of four (4) years. Afterwards, after period of four (4) years, an applicant may make an application for permanent.
Australian residency. Additionally, there are various kinds of work permits in both categories.
Information that could be helpful
- A passport should have at least at least two (2) Visa pages that are blank. It is essential to know that Australian authorities don’t issue visas to those who have extra passport pages. So if a candidate is not able to fill in blank pages, he or must create a new passport prior to sending it in for visa stamping.
- Australia is a great place to work. It has visas for professional internationally recognized professions such as the arts, sports research, academia or the arts.
- Professionals with scarcity of skills, such as doctors and nurses are eligible for visas that are temporary or permanent.
- Employers who want to sponsor them, can choose between three types of temporary visas, as well as two kinds of permanent visas depending on the eligibility.
- Finding a sponsor takes much time, as certain employers might not have the resources to sponsor applicants.
- It is mandatory to make sure you have your license updated each time you take new employment This is due to the fact that the majority of employers will sponsor you for the period you be with them for..
- To expedite Australia Work Permit Processing, applicants can reach out to the authorized contractor management company to assist with the process. This could also serve as an employer for those who are hoping to begin working in Australia.
- Passport holders who are registered that are issued by those from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and New Zealand, or the Republic of Ireland do not require to take an English exam to test their proficiency.
- There are many ways to test for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test can be administered in your country of origin. it is also possible to go to IELTS’s website at IELTS web site www.ielts.org (See the resources) to locate a testing location close to you.
- It’s hard to find an ongoing sponsor in Australia and the process of changing sponsors with each contract creates a huge administrative burden but applicants are able to contract management companies for contractors to assist in finding umbrella corporations that allow one the freedom to be an independent contractor and enjoy the advantages of steady work. In this instance, an umbrella company is the employer in a technically sense.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- This can be used to identify card;
- Skills are imported in the country.