How to Apply for Agriculture Incentives In Jamaica

Apply for Agriculture Incentives In Jamaica By Online

Contact Us In Person

  1. To be eligible for the Agriculture Incentives, you must be an agriculturally registered farmer with the Rural Agricultural Development Authority (RADA) under the Ministry of Industry Commerce, Agriculture, and Fisheries. To be registered as a farmer you must go to the RADA office located in your area to complete your application. look up RADA contact information and a map of the location by clicking here: Link
  2. Visit the RADA offices within your local farming community in person, in order to obtain the application form along with an inventory of the necessary documents.
  3. Complete the application accordingly and collect the required documents to support it and include them on the form. Make sure that the application address to the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Industry Commerce, Agriculture, and Fisheries.
  4. After your application form and all supporting documents are been stamped, signed and endorsed where necessary then visit your local RADA office to complete your application for farmer/producer status to the RADA officer at the desk for service.
  5. An RADA official will examine the application as well as the documents attached, and before forwarding the application for approval by the appropriate authority.
  6. Then RADA will send an inspector to examine the farm and prepare the report.
  7. Then , the official report about the application you submitted will then be submitted to the ministry to be reviewed and processed
  8. If the application is approved by the ministry they will forward this to Jamaica Customs Agency (JCA) Incentives Unit indicating the approval together with the dossier and other supporting documents.
  9. After receiving the Ministry’s recommendations, JCA will undertake its own verification process, including going to the farm where the operation is being conducted to verify the application
  10. JCA will prepare a report regarding your application and send the report to the Commissioner of Customs to make the final decision concerning the determination of your status. JCA will inform that you about the ultimate decision about your status.
  11. If you are approved, JCA will enter your details to the JCA JSWIFT system, and you will receive an official notification in writing of your Farmer/Producer status
  12. Additionally you’ll be eligible to receive incentives that are in the agricultural sector by utilizing The Productive Inputs Relief (PIR) scheme

Required Documents For Apply for Agriculture Incentives

  • Complete the Application form
  • The proof that the property is owned by the owner i.e. title deeds, land titles or other documents that grant authority to access or use the farm property to cultivate.
  • Passport-sized Photograph verified by an official Justice of the Peace.
  • Other documents that are that are required by RADA

Office Locations and Contacts

Address: Hope Gardens Kingston 6 Jamaica
Tel: (876) 977-1158-62
Fax: 1 (876) 970-4660
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm | Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Contact information and branch locations: Link


  • It is necessary to be registered as a farmer in order to take advantage of the incentives for agriculture.


  • Application procedures are completely free.

Documents to Utilize

  • Application form (Word Doc):Link

Processing Time

  • The application will be processed within 30 days.


These are just a few advantages of owning a registered farm:

  • The right to access Productive Inputs Relief (PIR) and other important incentives
  • Access to claims for disaster relief
  • Facilitation of market access and access services
  • Receipt books for receipts are provided from JAS. Jamaica Agricultural Society (JAS) under the amended Agricultural Produce Act

Productive Input Relief (PIR):

  • Importation of certain duty-free agricultural related items employed in the following activities such as apiculture, farming forestry, horticulture and aquaculture.
  • Further Stamp Duty (ASD) exemption as per the Revised Stamp Duty Act, in which companies are able to take advantage of the following benefits:
    • Exemption from the stamp duty that is charged on raw materials and other non-consumer items for those items that are purchased for the purpose of productive use.

The Information You Need

  • Address and name of the farmer’s name and address.
  • The farm’s location
  • The tenure of the land or proof of ownership
  • The number of acres (size)
  • Description of your production process which is the farming activities that are performed.

Documentation is needed

  • To receive the agriculture incentives, you need to become a certified farmer, otherwise you won’t be eligible for the incentives

External Links

  • The Jamaican Government: Link Jamaica: Link



Leave a Comment