Apply for Agro and Food Processing Facilities Permit from The National Environmental Planning Agency (NEPA) In Jamaica By Online
Application In Person
- If you want to apply for the Agro and Food Processing Permit through the National Environmental Planning Agency (NEPA) To apply for an Agro and Food Processing Facilities Permit, visit the NEPA’s offices. Check out NEPA’s contact info by clicking the following link: Link
- Go to the NEPA office to obtain the application form as well as the checklist that comes with the. You can download the checklist on NEPA’s site: Click here (Select “Agro & Food Processing”) and the application form can be downloaded on the internet using the following link: Link
- Fill out and complete the application form, and attach all required documents in accordance with the checklist.
- Visit the NEPA’s office , and pay the fee required at the section for accounts and financials and get the receipt for payment.
- After that, you can submit the completed application to the unit that handles applications
- It will then be inspected for accuracy by the NEPA responsible official. If the application isn’t complete it will be returned to you.
- If the application is considered sufficient by NEPA the agency will examine your application and possibly conduct a site inspection at your location of operation (If it is required) to determine whether it is required to submit an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is required.
- In the event that it is required, an EIA is required,
- NEPA will notify you, and issue an unspecified Terms of Reference (TOR) to include any other important issue and the necessity for a public presentation (If feasible)
- Review and draft the TOR and then send an initial Draft TOR to NEPA
- Then NEPA along with the other stakeholders will review this draft TOR and notify you whether it is acceptable, meaning that they have endorsed the TOR
- Then, prepares and submits EIA basing on TOR approved to NEPA
- Then, NEPA along with the stakeholders involved will evaluate and evaluate the EIA with respect to the approved TOR in order to determine if it is in compliance. If the EIA conforms to The TOR NEPA together with stakeholders make their opinion known about the EIA and will inform you.
- The application will be evaluated by the NEPA Internal Review Committee and the relevant stakeholders , and they will send their recommendations for approval to Technical Review Committee
- The Technical Review Committee will discuss the application before submitting the suggestion to Natural Resources Conservation Authority (NRCA)
- The NRCA can decide to grant or deny the permission.
- If granted, you will be notified and instructed on the procedure for taking the permit. In addition, you must purchase the permit, and then collect it from the NEPA’s offices within 3 months from the date of approval.
- If the permit isn’t granted then you will receive the refusal letter. You may appeal the NRCA’s decision to issue this permit with the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation. Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation (MEGJC)
Required Documents For Apply for Agro and Food Processing Facilities Permit from The National Environmental Planning Agency (NEPA)
- Completed Permit Application Form (4 copies)
- Tax Registration Number (TRN) (for the company or an individual who is submitting application)
- The Company’s Records (Articles of Incorporation as well as the names of Directors & Company Secretary)
- A copy of the ID for the individual who submitted the application (Driver’s License or National ID or Passport)
- The Location Map (Google Image, with markers and coordinates wherever it is) (4 duplicates)
- Receipt for payment of the Application Fee
- Project Brief that outlines the four copies (4 copies)
- Plan or drawings (must be drawn in size) (4 duplicates)
- Proof of Ownership
Please check the following list of requirements: Link
Office Locations and Contacts
National Environmental Planning Agency (NEPA)-Head office
The postal address is 10 and Postal Address: 10 & Caledonia Avenue, Kingston 5.
Telephone: (876) 754-7540
Fax: (876) 754-9575
Branch Contact information and branch details: Link
- People and entities who want to apply for an Agro or food processing permit
- Application fee: $50,000.00
- Fees details:Link
- Permits are valid only for the duration stipulated in the permit
Documents to Utilize
- Application form:Link
- Please make sure your application is completed as incomplete applications cannot be considered for processing.
- You can track your application through AMANDA’s online system. AMANDA online system if you have your application number. Follow this link to log in to AMANDA: Link
- Contact details
- Location details
- Facility information
The Document is required
- This document shows that you are legally authorized to prepare the food in accordance with the procedures legally required
- Link to NEPA Link