Apply for an Air Service Licence, Permit and Clearance In Jamaica By Online
Apply by Email
- If you want to obtain the Air Service License, you must submit your request to Jamaican Civil Aviation Authority (JCAA). The JCAA contact information by clicking the following link: Link
- Download and fill out the application form in accordance with your schedule at the JCAA office or download it via the link below i.e. the Scheduled Operation Link and Non-Scheduled Operations: Link
- Be sure to have mandatory liability insurance required by the civil aviation regulations 2012. You can calculate your liability insurance by following the following link: Link
- Prepare all the necessary documents listed under the “Required Documents” section and include them on the application form.
- Make payment of the application fee your application and get the receipt for payment
- Submit the complete application to the JCAA including the payment receipt through their email address: email@example.com wait for processing
- The JCAA will review the application and make it public for 30 days in accordance with Regulation 8 of The Civil Aviation (Air Transport Licensing) Regulation and receives objections or notifications to the public after 14-21 days, as per The First Schedule.
- When the publishing days and that there are no oppositions to this application the JCAA will continue to process the License
- The JCAA will issue you a permit for you to carry out Air Services within the guaranteed service period and issue a license or permit
Apply Online-Scheduled Operations
- To apply for an Air Service License or Permit online, go to the Permits and Licence Management System (PALMS) website by clicking the following link: Link
- On the website on the website, click “Customer Login Page” to access the JCAA client login page.
- In case you have already a login, simply enter the email and password in order to sign into your account. Alternatively, click “Sign up” in the upper right-hand side of the page to set up your account.Enter the details of your user (Names Address, Phone Number email, Password, and Name) and then fill in the details for operation. Be aware that for an aircraft operator you must enter the name in as it appears in the Air Operators Certificate (AOC). The name is displayed in the Air Service license or permit.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully, then click the check box that says “I I. Agree to these Terms and Conditions” then click “Submit” to submit your application.
- Following a successful application after which an email will be sent to you to confirm that your account has been accepted.
- Go ahead and log in to your account.
- When you are logged into your account on the dashboard you can select “Start Permit/ Licence Application” and an announcement will be displayed to you to read. click “I I. Understand” for the next page.
- In this web page click “Begin” in the menu option Schedule Service to start the application for scheduled operations.
- You will be taken to an online application that has seven sections. You must complete each section in a timely manner. Make sure you click “Save” after completing each section to ensure that your information is saved prior to starting your next part.
- After you’ve completed the entire application after which you click “Submit” towards the bottom of the application.
- After you have submitted your application successfully, you must pay for the publication of the operation over 30 days in accordance with Regulation 8 of The Civil Aviation (Air Transport Licensing) Regulation
- The JCAA will examine the application and make it public for 30 days in accordance with Regulation 8 of The Civil Aviation (Air Transport Licensing) Regulation and receives opposition or notification by the general public in 14-21 days in accordance with The First Schedule .
- After the expiration of the days of publication and if it is not a matter of contention the JCAA will begin processing the License
- The JCAA will issue you a permit for you to carry out Air Services within the guaranteed service period and will issue you a license or permit
- Log into your account and view the approved application by clicking “View approved license/permit”
Apply Online-Non-Scheduled Option
- After you have signed into your account following the steps 1 through 6 in the Apply Online-Scheduled operations above, on the dashboard, you can click “Start Application for Permit or Licence” and a notification will be displayed to you to read and then click “I I. Understand” to move to the next page.
- At this point, click “Begin” in the menu option Non-Schedule Services to begin the application to schedule operations.
- You will be taken to an online form with seven sections. Complete all sections correctly. Be sure to click “Save” after completing each section in order to ensure that your information is saved prior to starting with the following section.
- After you’ve completed all of the required sections after which you click “Submit” to the bottom of the application.
- Once your application has been submitted successfully, pay for publication of the operation over 30 days in accordance with Regulation 8 of the Civil Aviation (Air Transport Licensing) Regulation
- The JCAA will review the application and make it public for 30 days, as per Regulation 8 of The Civil Aviation (Air Transport Licensing) Regulation and receive objections or notifications to the public after 14-21 days in accordance with The First Schedule .
- After the expiration of the publishing days and that there are no oppositions to this application the JCAA will continue to process the License
- The JCAA will issue you an authorization for you to carry out Air Services within the guaranteed timeframe and also a permit or license.
- You can log into your account and view the approved application by clicking “View approved license/permit”
Required Documents For Apply for an Air Service Licence, Permit and Clearance
- Certificate of Airworthiness
- Certificate of Insurance
- Certificate of Registration
- Sections on Route Authorization and Aircraft in the Operation Specification
- Radio Station Licence
- Noise Certificate
- Approved Aviation Security Program, as per Civil Aviation Regulation, 2012, Twentieth Schedule, Sections 20.016-20.018. should be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org), or
- Letter of Confirmation of the Aircraft Operator’s Aviation Security Program – Applicable for all Ad Doc Operation
- Documentation of Designation to:
- First-time applicants to schedule services
- Certain applicants are eligible for non-scheduled services according to the provisions of the Bilateral Air Services Agreement between Jamaica and their State
The version is new to Jamaica, AOC applicants will need additional information, such as :
- Documentation of citizenship
- The operation is owned largely by Jamaican nationals of Jamaica
- Memorandum, Articles of Association and Memorandum
- Documentation of Share Capital Ownership
- Documentation of funds
- Business Plan
Please note that every document must have a language of English or translated into English
Office Locations and Contacts
Jamaican Civil Aviation Authority (JCAA)
Address Address: 4 Winchester Road, Kingston 10
Telephone:(876) 960-3948, 960-3965
Fax: (876) 920-0194
- You can apply as a Private or Commercial Operators
- US$300 for the publication of operations lasting for more than 30 days
- The license for service remains valid until the period that is specified in it.
Documents to Utilize
Processing time for weekdays – 3 hours
- If applicants are notified between 8:15 a.m. and 22:00
- The next day, by 11:11 am if the application has been received at or after the deadline of 2:00 p.m.
Public Holidays, Weekends, and Public Holidays processing time: 6 hours
- If the application is received within the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 22:00 p.m.
- The next day is by 11:30 am if your application was received at or after the deadline of 2:00 p.m.
- Operations less than 30 days Processing time 7 days a week
- Operation lasting 30 days or more 8 weeks
- Applicant name
- The country in which the aircraft of the applicant is registered
- Registered Business Address
- Route details
- The number of crew members
The Document is required
- The Permit or License is granted to Private or Commercial operators to operate for compensation or hire for Scheduled or non-scheduled flights.
Information that can be useful
- Civil Aviation Regulation 2012: Link