Apply for Cattle Export Licence In Uganda By Online
- The applicant must visit the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and Fisheries department of Animal Resources, pick and complete application form V for cattle export form
- After you have completed the application, the filled forms must be sent by the Commissioner for Livestock as well as Entomology for review.
- The applicant should submit an request form and the required documents:
- The proof of ownership of cattle that will be exported
- Check that you have all the necessary documents and make contact with the official responsible for exports of cattle, who may be able to provide further details.
- Cattle Export Agreement with the financier of investment
- Veterinary Health Certificate.
- Risk-free insurance with valid validity Certificate
- Name, birth date Breed description of the animal
- Cattle owner at present.
- A statement from a veterinarian stating the name of the cattle preparation used during the exam.
- Evidence that the animal is kept in a location that is within 30 miles of mouth and foot disease.
- The customer then pay the fees required and receives a receipt of payments from the banks.
- Go at the Ministry of Agriculture animal Industry and Fisheries with a receipt and get an authentic government good health certificate from a veterinarian that is issued at the point of origin. Valid for minimum 2 weeks from the date of the issue.
- If all the conditions of the Licence is satisfied and cattle inspection has been conducted then a one year valid cattle trader’s licence is issued to the applicant.
Required Documents For Apply for Cattle Export Licence
- The identification of cattle.
- Animal Health Certificate.
- Name and address of the person who is to be consigned.
- Name and address of the person who is consigning
- Testing must be performed by a doctor who is qualified.
- Other Veterinary Treatments and Inspections.
- Accredited veterinary officer.
- Certificate/inspection report
- Proof of payment for the animals/authorization from the owner of the animals
- Formulary for application for a movement permit.
- The applicant must prove that they have the skills and resources to participate successfully in the industry of cattle trade.
- Completed application form, approved by the region of operation District the Veterinary Officer.
- The applicant must prove that they have not been found guilty of a violation of the Cattle Traders Act and the Animal Diseases Act.
Office Locations and Contact
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Mail Address: email@example.com
Site: Ministry of Agriculture
The Commissioner for Livestock and Entomology
Department of Animal Resources.
P.Box 513 Entebbe, Uganda
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
Tel: +256 414 320 004
Tel: +256 414 320 627
Web site: Ministry of Agriculture
To be eligible, you must be a Trader in cattle or animal-related products.
The licence fee is 1000 Ugshs.
Export permits for cattle are only in effect for 12 consecutive months after the date of the vet certificate.
Documents to Utilize
- Any person who makes a assertion that to the best of his or his knowledge is false in any application to grant or renew of a licence for cattle traders or for endorsement of a licence , commits an offence against the Rules and is subject for being found guilty to pay a penalty of not more than five hundred shillings, or to imprisonment not exceeding three months , or to both.
- Names of Applicant, Physical and Postal Address of the applicant
- Lawful Status for the applicant
- Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Directors of the company.
- Memorandum of Understanding and Articles of Association
- Information on whether the applicant has been found guilty of a crime in Uganda or in another country.
- Information on if you’ve ever had a Licence, and you can provide the nature of the licence along with the date of issue and Licence number.
- The signature of the person applying.
- It is possible that the Department of Animal Resources may ask you to provide details regarding the motive behind exporting the animal and the location of the facility in which you intend to keep the animal(s) is kept. It is not necessary to disclose this information if you apply for a new job.
Information that can be useful
The purpose of this licence is to regulate the export of cattle trade in Uganda. There are limitations on the importation of cattle belonging to specific breeds.
- Prohibited: Cattle cannot be sold, bred or used to breed.
- Restricted: Cattle are allowed to be exported only after the conditions for the keeping of these animals have been met through the Exporter. Cattle from these breeds can be bred after obtaining an Breeders’ permit. Any new acquisitions of these Cattle require approval prior to purchase.
- Rare, exotic or rare breed can be denied the right to export.