Apply for Certificate of Conformity (COC) in Nigeria In Online
- To apply for a Certificate of Conformity (COC) online, applicants need to go to the official site for the Standards Organisation of Nigeria Conformity Assessment Program through the next link Apply online
- Simply click on”Click here to register “Click here to register on E-SONCAP Portal” link to sign up. On the next screen you can click on the “Click here to register as an importer” link that will take you to the registration page.
- On the next screen on the next page, you must fill in your tax ID number, and hit the “Validate” click.
- After that, fill in all information on the next page regarding the importer, if required. Finally, select the “Continue” button. Then, fill in information about the contact person, then make sure you check the captcha box as well as the “Terms and conditions” box, and then click the “Sign in” button.
- A successful account creation message will be displayed. Click the “Ok” option and then check your mail to see Activation mail. Then open the mail and click the “Click to activate your account” button to make your account active.
- After that, sign in to the site by following the same procedure you did before. In the navigation bar, select the “Activate the SONCAP Certificate” menu. This opens the possibility of certificate activation.
- In the lower part on the webpage, links to agencies that issue certifications will be listed. Click on any agency of your choice , and continue to search for directions to apply for an official Certificate of Conformity.
- Be aware that the application process and requirements can differ based on the agency that is involved. The applicant must make contact with the appropriate agency before they follow the process of applying.
- Fill out the appropriate application form and submit the required documents. Following that, the required verification and examination procedures are carried out as per the application form.
- When all the procedures are completed after which the applicant will be informed prior to being approved.
Required Documents For Certificate of Conformity
- The completed application form
- Pro forma Invoice copy
- Data sheet with Product’s Description
- Document that contains Production information
- Documentary proof of conformity with regulations and standards
- Document of Transportation
- Letter of Credit
- Certificate of the country of the country of
Document requirements can change with respect to the organization and the countries involved.
Office Locations and Contacts
Standards Organisation of Nigeria Conformity Assessment Programme,Contact numbers 08077440146. 08077440160. 09077440165. 08077440128 07077440139
Website link: contact link
What are all the Eligibility
- Anyone who is an exporter or importer seeking to prove that their products are in question with the rules and regulations of Nigeria in the course of customs clearance is able to apply.
Please contact the office to inquire about fees.
- Candidates are advised to fill out the application form in a neat and thoroughly with complete accuracy and legibility in order to avoid rejection. Additionally, all necessary documents must be submitted in full.
- Click here for the instructions on activation of SONCAP certification: step-by-step guide
The Information You Need
- Applicant particulars
- Identification document number
- Registration number
- Invoice number
- Product description
- Contact and address details
The Document is required
- Certificate of Conformity is required whenever an exporter or importer is in need to provide evidence of the goods’ compliance with the relevant Nigerian technical regulations and approved international/regional/national standards.
Information that could be helpful
There are three kinds of SONCAP certificates based on nature of the product and frequency of shipments.
- Exporting Unregistered and Unlicensed Products is not subject to the registration of any certificate for products and is intended for exporters who are not frequent.
- Export of Registered products requires product certificate registration and it is meant for Exporters/manufacturers that have frequent shipments.
- Export of Licensed Products requires product certificate licensing and it is meant for Manufacturers/producers that have regular shipments.