Apply for Certificate of Identification (COI) In India By Yourself
- The applicants must go to at least the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) of the region in which they reside in in order to request a Certificate of Identity.
- Check out the PSK and fill out your application forms. The application forms can be downloaded by clicking the below Link
- IC_Application_Form_V1.0.pdf (1)
- Then, complete the application completely and send an original copy of all required documents to the PSK.
- Send Original documents the appropriate authorities to verify.
- Pay the application fee according to the directions of the concerned officials.
- After all of the above steps are completed successfully after which you will receive the receipt. Make sure to keep the receipt safe and wait until you have any additional details via the PSK.
- It will send you an email on your registered mobile phone number when your application is approved and the certificate has been printed and is ready to ship.
Apply Online using PSK (E-form Submission)
- Download the E-form by clicking the ‘Download Eform’ link on the home page. You can also download the form by clicking the link below. Form
- Complete the form and then click the “Validate and Save” button. This will create an XML file that you’ll need to upload on the portal later.
- The applicants must go to their official site of Passport Seva Kendra to apply for the Certificate of Identification Link
- Click on the “New User Registration” button if you’re a brand new user.
- Complete all the required information and then click the “Register” button to sign up as an user.
- After you have successfully registered your account after registering yourself, click on “Existing User Login” button to sign-in to your account.
- Click on’Apply to Identity Certificate On the dashboard, click on ‘Apply for Identity Certificate’ and then click on “Click here for a soft version of the application form’.
- Then, upload the previously completed XML form, then upload all the documents required then click the upload button.
- After uploading the application, you will see the portal for payment be opened. Complete the payment in order to finish the registration procedure.
- You’ll need to print out the printout from the application form following the submission of it. To print the form you need to click on the Saved/Submitted Application Tab on the dashboard, and then select ‘View/Print Form Submitted’. When the form is opened up, click the Print button.
- You will receive an SMS confirmation to your mobile number that you have registered after the transaction is completed.
- Once the authorities have verified the form you submitted and the documents submitted, you will receive another text message on your mobile number that you have registered with indicating the date and time at when you must visit the PSK.
- After receiving the SMS, go to PSK at the time and time along with the original documents as well as the printed application form.
- On the day of the report the authorities concerned will check all original documents.
- After all of the above steps are completed successfully and you are given the receipt. Make sure to keep the receipt safe and keep it until you get any additional information via the PSK.
- The applicant will be notified via SMS to your registered mobile phone number after your application has been processed and your certificate has been printed and ready to be sent out.
Apply Online using PSK (Online application form submission)
- For an application in order to obtain an application for Certificate of Identity, visit the official website of Passport Seva Kendra Link
- Click the link ‘Register Now’ on the homepage If you’re a first-time user.
- Enter the necessary information and click the’register button to sign-up as an account holder.
- Click on the “Existing User Login” link on the homepage. Log-in to your account in order to request the certificate.
- After you have logged into the account you have created, simply click the “Apply for Identity Certificate after which click on’Click Here to complete the application online’.
- Complete all the required information on the form, then upload an image of all necessary documents, and then submit.
- Then, the payment gateway will be open and you’ll need to pay.
- If the transaction has been successful, you’ll receive a confirmation text on the mobile number you registered.
- You will get another text to the registered mobile number after the authorities have verified the form you submitted and the documents, and specify the date and the time on when you must visit the PSK.
- When you receive the SMS, head to PSK on the date and time and bring Original documents.
- When the time comes to report the authorities concerned will check all original documents.
- When all the above steps are completed successfully and you are given the receipt. Keep the receipt secure and wait until you have any additional details through the PSK.
- The applicant will be notified via SMS to your mobile number that you have registered, when your application is completed and your certificate has been printed and is ready to be sent out.
- The Certificate of Identity is subject to clearance by the Ministry of External Affairs (Consular, Passport, and Visa (CPV) Division PV-III), Government of India.
- A valid clearance from the State Government (Department of Home Affairs/Police)/FRRO is also required for the issuance of a the No Objection to return to India (NORI) certification to appear on Identification Certificate.
- The process of applying for a Certificate of Identity via Passport Seva App, ‘mPassport Seva’ is currently not available.
- Select the state’s name to access the State Procedure.
- Application for Certificate of Identity Formula
- Recommendation by the Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama (HHDL), New Delhi in case the applicant is a Tibetan Refugee
- Evidence of Address in India
- Evidence of Date of Birth
- A Registration Certificate has been issued by Foreign Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)(FRRO) FRO to parents in the event that the applicant is minor.
- The Registration Certificate is issued by FFRP or FRO for the person who is applying.
- Sized passport photo in color, with white background
- Passport Office may demand additional documents pertinent to your specific situation if needed.
Office Locations and Contacts
PSK, New Delhi
Bhikaji Cama Place,
Tel. No. : 011-26187072, 26187073
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax No. 011-26161783
Click on the Contact Us tab, then select ‘Passport’ in the drop-down menu and choose ‘Regional Passport Officer for the address and contact information.It is important to know the contact information.
Bureau of His His Holiness of the Dalai Lama, New Delhi
10 B, Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar IV
Telephone: +91-11-26474798, 26218546, 26218548
I.C. Section Hotline: +91-11-26479737 the number 26443600
To find out more contact details and locations in the areas of PSK and POPSK go to the following Link
- A candidate must also be non-Indian Citizen.
- The cost of application for Identification Certificate is INR 1000. Identification is INR 1100.
- Its validity for the Certificate of Identification is for 10 years.
Documents to Utilize
- Online Application for Forms for Offline Submission Link
- Application Form for Electronic Form Submission Link
- The time to process a certificate of identification can take up to 1 month from the time of the application.
A few important guidelines to follow prior to Making an application for the Certificate for Identification:
- Tibetan Refugees living in India require the Certificate of Identity only via the Regional Passport Office, New Delhi.
- This Certificate will be given by the Tibetan Refugees based on the advice by the Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama (HHDL), New Delhi.
- Others who are stateless and reside in India must apply to the passport office in the area in which they currently reside.
- Name and address of the applicant’s address and name.
- Birthplace of the child
- Date of Birth
- Color of the Eye
- Hair Color
- A visible mark of distinction
- Marital Status
- Country/Place of Origin
- Registration certificate Number
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Type of Employment
- Education Qualification
- Father’s name as given by the father.
- Mother’s name as given to her
- Spouse’s name as a given
- The duration of the stay in India
- Identification card of the parent in the event that the applicant is minor
The Document is required
- Certificate of Identification was issued by the Ministry of External Affairs (Consular, Passport, and Visa (CPV) Division PV-III) to all stateless persons living in India including Tibetan people who are refugees. This is based on the advice from the Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama (HHDL), New Delhi.
- This certificate was issued by India’s government India to citizens who are not citizens from India. Republic of India for foreign travel.
Information that could be helpful
- The certificate is usually granted mostly to Tibetan refugees, as well as others who are stateless. Sweden has stopped accepting Indian Identity Certificate as a travel document. Indian Identity Certificate as a travel document.
- It is yellow with the letters printed in gold.
- The Emblem of India is printed on the front page.
- The standard book has 36 pages.
- The following words are printed on the certificate “This certificate is issued with the sole intention of providing the holder with identification documents in lieu of the national passport. It is not in any way a hindrance to and does not affect the status of the national person who holds it. If the holder is issued any additional travel documents, the certificate will no longer be valid and has to be returned to the closest Indian authorities that issue passports.. This certificate is valid for travel to all countries.”