How To Apply for Change of Address for Identity (DNI/Documento Nacional de Identidad) In Argentina
- For those who are over 14 years old the updated information will be provided via RENAPER for submission to the National Electoral Chamber, in order to be added to the Register of Electors. In other instances the change of address process will create an ID that is anew.
- Contact the Registry and/or Documentation Center to apply for an ID. If you reside within the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires you can visit the Management and Participation Centers, or arrange for your ID through the Quick Center of the Ministry of Interior and Transportation. If you’ve already registered somewhere else in Argentina, you may visit the following Quick Documentation Centers where you can complete the process in your Civil Registry delegations of their respective cities or districts.
- The new ID card will be handed directly over to the address specified by the applicant, by certified mail, following the receipt of proof of identity. The mail service will call the address twice. the ID’s that are not delivered will be sent to the place which processed the application and will be ready for pick-up.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Interior and Transport
May 25 101/145 C1002ABC – Buenos Aires
Phone Numbers for Contact: (54 11) 4339-0800
Email Contact Form: http://www.nuevodni.gov.ar/contacto.php
Management and Participation Centers
Quick Documentation Centres
Civil Registration Offices
What Are All The Eligibility
- The change of address procedure is executed when your actual address is different from the one is listed in your DNI.
- Processing cost: $ 35
Other rates are available:
ID’s will be provided within 15 days following the completion of the application procedure.
The Document is required Change of Address for Identity (DNI/Documento Nacional de Identidad)
- An ID card can be a piece of paper that is used to conduct any private or public transactions including lobbying, banking, immigration, trade, public finance social security and even voting. The address you have listed on your DNI must always correspond to the address you actually have.
- Making an ID:
- Commonly asked Questions: