Apply for Change of Name / Correction of Date of Birth In Bhutan By Online
- Fill out on the Application form.
- Complete the form and all other necessary documents with the other required documents to
Department of Civil Registration and Census Headquarters. Department of Civil Registration and Census Headquarters.
- The applicant can choose to taking the CID/SRP card that has been corrected from DCRCOor Thromdeor Department of Civil Registration and Census headquarters.
Required Documents For Apply for Change of Name / Correction of Date of Birth
- The completed application form
- For Civil servants: a copy of the service record that has been verified by the RCSC together with the class X, XII and degree certificates or the highest academic certification (original documents must be provided to authenticate)
- For those who are serving in the Armed Forces A copy of the service records certified by record officer and the class X, XII, and degree certificates, or the most recent academic certificate (original documents must be presented for verification)
- For those who work as judges, agencies autonomous, and corporations: copy of the service record that has been signed by HR/Personnel officer, along with classes X, XII and degree certificates, or the most recent academic certification (original certificate must be provided for verification)
- For nuns and monks: certification by ZhungDratshang Uzin/Head Institution
- For students: copy of academic certificate or the highest academic certification obtained (original certificate must be provided for authenticity)
- For other certifications: Thromde CRCO/Tshogpa &
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs
Department of Civil Registration and Census
Telephone : +975-2-322301/322015/325173
Address: Post Box No.133 Tashichho dzong
Citizen’s Service Website
Individuals who have been registered with the Department of Civil Registration and Census or MOHCA.
- Application is free
Documents to Utilize
Changes in name or correcting the date of birth are generally handled within one day of when the application was made.
Corrected cards will be sent to the customer within 7 business days.
Requests for a change of name or correction of date of birth only be submitted to the Department of Civil Registration and Census headquarters only.
- CID/SRP card No
- Details to be modified
- Documents supporting the submission
- Citizens Services Website of Bhutan: