Apply for Clearance Certificate for Flowers, Fruits, Vegetables and Plants In Uganda By Online
- A request for a clearance certificate must be submitted in writing to Uganda Revenue Authority in the format prescribed in the Revenue Tax law as set by the Ordinance.
- The Licensing authority may deem necessary to inspect the proposed flowers,fruits,Vegetable and Plants to verify the relevancy and compliance with the set Customs Bill of Entry and standards of the Authority.
- The Authority will not issue a clearance certificate as referred to in the Act when the applicant is not finished lodging Import/export entries as well as other clearances that are legal declarations for Customs in accordance with the East African Community Customs Management Act 2004. Alongside this, they must list the entire list of commodities that must be cleared for the License.
- There is no need to clear until they have been licensed by Uganda Revenue Authority. Uganda Revenue Authority in the format specified by the ordinance.
- Pay the appropriate fees, based on the conditions to Customs clearance of goods . include a copy of the pay slip of the Bank to the application.
- Send the application in conjunction with all documents required including the Customs Bill of Entry duly signed and dated by an agent from Customs. The application is currently stored by the DTI Center (Direct Trader Input terminal) and the information is gathered from the documents provided to the application.
- Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA World) which is connected to the URA’s primary URA server to facilitate instant data transfer from an external DTI Centre
- Once the approval is received through Uganda Revenue Authority, once approved by Uganda Revenue Authority a clearance certificate is issued to the person who applied.
Required Documents For Apply for Clearance Certificate for Flowers, Fruits, Vegetables and Plants
- Certificate of phytosanitary
- Export license issued by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives
- Certificate of origin issued by Uganda Export Promotions Board
- Moving Certificate Eur.1 (For exports to the European Union)
- Commercial Invoice.
- Bill of Lading (for Imports by Sea)
- Airway Bill (for imports via air)
- Note of consignment for railways (for imports via rail)
- Freight Note/Road Consignment/Freight Invoice
- Certificate of insurance (if products were insured)
Office Locations and Contacts
Uganda Revenue Authority Headquarters:Plot M193/M194, Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279 Kampala, Uganda.
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
Website: Uganda Revenue Authority.
Additional offices Kampala South, located in the Old Kampala Mosque,
Kampala North is located inside Bwaise (Mulago Kalerwe Round about).
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Crested Towers (Tall Tower)
Tel: 041-7443000, 041-7443134
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Tel: 041-7440000, 041-7442042
- All persons and organizations that deal in fruits, flowers vegetables, plants and flowers from Uganda are eligible to apply for the clearance certificate.
- UGShs. 50,000 . This is in accordance with the MOU between exporters of vegetables, fruits and roses in which the inspector conducts inspections on farms.
- Clearance certificate clearance certificate 353,150.18 USD 50
- UGShs. 5,00 for phytosanitary certificates
- UGShs. 55,000 Special MOU that includes MAAIF to cover pre-inspection .
- UGShs. 183,150.18 USD 50
- It is an estimation of of the cost per container.
- The certificate issued by these regulations is valid only for only one specific route and expires at the conclusion of every transaction.
- Processing time for maximum 2 days
- A certificate issued pursuant to this ordinance is not transferable.
- Customs clearance is a requirement for all imports of goods to the country.
- Proforma Invoice
- Packing Lists
- Certificate of Origin
- Inspection Certificate
- Permits (if required)
- Road Transit Customs Document (Commonly referred to as C63)
- Prepared at the seaport and ports of entry in Uganda.
Information that could be helpful
- The standard documents required in the tax exemption application are the same as those that are required for the clearance of products. Additional documents are needed on a case-by- basis based what the specifics of an import.
- Please note that UN organizations, as per what they are registered under,, are tax-free and duty-free. WFP foods imports is tax-free. However, all relief items are exempt on a case-by-case basis.
- The EAC Heads of State earlier this year (2013) signed the One Stop Border Posts Bill 2012 that allows for the creation of One Stop Border Posts (OSBP) throughout the region to ease trade by facilitating the smooth circulation of goods and people within the EAC. The OSBP bill is designed towards harmonising the process of clearing transit, with two officials from the countries bordering each other sitting under the same roof, able to manage transit documents simultaneously in order to speed up the process.
- The construction of a border crossing in Malaba on the Kenya-Uganda border has completed and is also the source of funding for ASYCUDA WORLD, the system that permits the clearing of cargo 24 hours a day using remote control, an Electronic cargo tracking system, and the integrated border management system at the Malaba and Busia border crossings.
- Inspectors inspect for insect infestations, plant diseases grains breakage or contamination of commodities that enter the country or transiting to third countries according to international conventions. After inspecting every truck and determining the cause, the UQIS inspector allows it to enter or directs fumigation. They may also suggest destruction, based on the results.
- For food items that are processed, after inspection, the inspector forwards it to UNBS for quality checks.