Apply For Coffee Export License (permit) In Uganda By Yourself
- The application process for an Coffee Export license is done in person, by going to the Uganda Coffee Development Authority Head Offices, or the Field Offices within the county.
- You will receive an the Application for Exporter’s License, which you must complete and fill out and submit.
- Input the required details carefully and attach the necessary documents.
- Complete the application form and pay the applicable application fee. Then, submit the receipt as evidence of payment.
- Then follows an inspection of applicants conducted by the Authority Field Officers
- It is expected that the Authority Field officers provide recommendations regarding the application and then forward their recommendations to the Authority’s headquarters for final Board approval.
- Following a successful approbation by the board, a list of the approved exporters of coffee is released by Uganda gazette. Uganda gazette.
- At this point , the applicant will be notified, and must pay the appropriate fees to the board and provide the receipt as evidence of payment.
- After the processing of the license is completed, once the license processing is completed, the Coffee Exporter’s license is issued to the person who applied for the license by the Director-General of the Uganda Coffee Development Authority.
Required Documents For Apply For Coffee Export License
- An official copy of the the certificate of incorporation.
- Certified copies of memorandum as well as the articles of association.
- A capitalized share which has been paid.
- Directors’ names as well as individual National ID/Passport number Tin Numbers, and certificates for good conduct.
- Addresses and names of two business reference persons.
- Tax compliance certification from Uganda Revenue Authority (URA).
- A letter of confirmation issued by the Uganda Coffee Exchange (UCE).
- Intention to supply Authority with monthly returns. Authority with monthly reports.
- Other requirements that could be imposed from time to time by the Authority at any time.
- If the applicant is a registered company The certificate of registration and the details of the owners.
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum and Article of Association
- Tax Identification number
- Affidation of a coffee trader in the contract
- Letter/Agreement that names the liqueur of coffee that is licensed
- Certificate of conformity
- Commercial invoice
Office Locations and Contacts
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)Plot 35 Jinja Road, Coffee House,
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala
Tel: +256 312 260 471 / +256 312 260 470
Fax: +256 414 256 994
Site: Uganda Coffee Development Authority
Any individual or company that plans to sell coffee internationally are eligible.
- Export license for coffee 1.500,000Ugshs
- The amount of the transaction or contract: 1,893,581.70 Ugshs – 7,574.33 Percentage
- 2 percent transaction / contract value for performance bond (USD 500) 2.
- Cost of inspection prior to shipment for pre-ship inspection: 25,000Ugshs
- To issue a phytosanitary certificate for issuance of phytosanitary certificate: 5,000Ugshs
- The following is an estimated price in a container. UGX 189,358.17 (USD 50)
Valid for one year
For one month
Local coffee roaster license:
- Roasting coffee alters the physical and chemical properties that are present in green beans, into roasted products. Any business that wants to roast coffee should be registered as a local roaster by Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA). Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA) and issued with a local roaster’s licence. The license is valid for a single financial year that begins on the 1st of July (to 30th June).
The license for coffee liquors:
- Coffee liquorers are someone who has formal education in classifying the quality of coffee using tasting. The license for coffee liquorers comes from the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA) and is granted unlimited validity. Coffee exporters can hire with the services by the coffee liquorer.
Coffee Warehouse Licence:
- Licenses to operate a coffee warehouse are granted from the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA) to owners of warehouses who satisfy criteria set by the International Coffee Organization (ICO) requirements. Inspections are carried out by an authorized officers to the storage facility prior to distributing to the public for sale. The license can be used for a duration that is one calendar year.
Export license for coffee Green coffee export licence:
- A green coffee hasn’t been orally roasted. The export from green coffee is controlled by the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA) which issues green coffee export licences. The license is valid for a single financial year that begins on the 1st of July (to 30th June).
Export direct of green coffee that is premium
- A coffee grower (farmer or cooperative, estate owner) who plans to export coffee by direct sale (without having to go through the auction for coffee) must apply for the direct export licence for premium coffee granted through Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA). Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA). The license is valid for one fiscal year that begins on the 1st of July (to 30th June). Premium coffee refers to top quality and top quality coffee that is specially created. Direct exporters of coffee can only export coffee that has been classified as top quality.
Instant export of coffee license:
- Any business that wants to sell instant coffee must register as an exporter with the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA) and issued with an instant coffee export license. The license is valid for one fiscal year that runs from 1st July until the 30th June.
Ground coffee and roast export license:
- A company that wants to export ground and roasted coffee must register as an exporter with Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA) and granted an unroasted and grounded export licence for coffee. The license is valid for one fiscal year that runs from 1st July until the 30th June.
The export of Green Coffee approvalfor:
- The green coffee export authorization permits proves that a business has been granted permission by the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA) (shipment)for the shipment of a specific amount of coffee and coffee grade. The authorization lasts for a period of 60 days and is only valid for one shipment.
Instant approval for export of coffee:
- Any business that wants to sell instant coffee should obtain instant coffee export approval through Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA). Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA). The approval lasts for a period of 60 days and is only valid for one shipment.
Permit for direct export of coffee:
- A coffee producer (farmer or cooperative estate owner) who plans to sell coffee directly through sale (without having to go through the auction of coffee) is required to obtain a license for directly exporting premium coffee granted through the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA). This permit can be used for a time period of 60 days.
International Coffee Organization (ICO) Certificate of Origin:
- All coffee exporters are required to get an International Coffee Organization (ICO) Certificate of Origin for each consignment in accordance with the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA) regulations.
Certificate of Radioactivity Analysis:
- The certificate for radioactivity analyses issued by the Uganda Atomic Energy Commission (UAEC) it confirms that food items are not radioactive and is a requirement of the market subject to the location of the products.
- Exporting coffee can be handled by grower marketers or dealers. The grower marketers sell their products directly through sales in which they discuss prices directly with buyers while dealers sell their products through an auctions that are regulated through the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (|UCDA) in which they purchase the coffee directly from agents that sell the coffee for smaller holder farmers, who are aggregated into co-operative societies as well as estate owners with large amounts. Most coffee exports are made via Mombasa port, and clearance is performed through a contracted clearing and forwarding agent.
- Nom of applicant (individual or Organization)
- Address (Postal)
- Physical physical
- Date of incorporation
- Name of the company
- The location of the principal office
- Information on the capital structure ( Payed up and Nominal capital)
- Addresses, full names and jobs of the directors. Their full names, addresses, and jobs.
- Information on Branch Office(s) in the event of there is one.
- Name, Address and Phone of the Chief Executive’s Name, Address and Telephone.
- A declaration containing the names of the holding companies, affiliated partnerships or companies that the applicant is a part of. an interest.
- Addresses and names of two business reference persons.
The Document is required
This Licence is needed to allow the export of coffee from Uganda to other countries.