How To Apply for Driver Permit or License In Antigua and Barbuda
- The first step is to obtain a permit to learn before beginning your classes.
- You’ll have to collect the documents listed below and then fill out the application form at the transportation board. This will cost you $50.
- Once you have your permit you can take driving lessons from an instructor who is licensed, and preferably enroll yourself into a driving school.
- After many classes, you’ll asked to take two tests, an oral test and the theory test, which you must pass. The pass rate for written exams of 75 percent.
- The driver’s license is issued once you’ve passed your test.
Documents Required Driver Permit or License
- A valid passport
- A passport size photo
- A medically valid certificate from the doctor
- A completed form for learners permits.
- A cost
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Works and TransportSt. John’s Street
St. John’s, Antigua
Local Number: (268) 462-0890
International Téléphone: (268) 462-2953
Governor General’s Office
St. John’s, Antigua Local Telephone: (268) 462-0003.
International Téléphone: (268) 462-0003
For other contact information, follow this link: http://www.ab.gov.ag/contact.php
What Are All The Eligibility
Any resident of the age of 16 or over who are medically fit enough to be able to drive within Antigua or Barbuda.
A driver’s licence can come with an expiration of three or one years.
for writing an Theory Test
- Students must have proof of a valid learners’ permit.
- You must be present in the exam space fifteen (15) minutes prior to the time for the exam.
- You must have either a pencil or pen which to write
- You must turn off cell phones as well as all other electronic device while you take the test.
- Reschedule the test if you are suffering from influenza or other diseases that might affect the performance on the test. You must present a valid permit to collect the results of the test written
To take the practical Exam
- Students must pass the theory test.
- Students must show receipts of payment to reserve an appointment
- Students must have completed at least 40 hours of instruction from a recognized driving school
- Students are not allowed to wear slippers to the test.
- You must have a medical certification that confirms the suitability of taking the test in case you are pregnant.
The document is needed
A driver’s license or permit is a legal document that allows a person to operate motorized vehicles. If you drive with no valid driver’s permit is a crime punishable under the law of Antigua and Barbuda
Information that could be helpful
Driver’s license classes that are issued by Antigua as well as Barbuda:
- Motorcycle driver’s license
- Private driver’s license
- Chauffeur’s license
Other uses for the document/certificate
In certain instances, a driver’s license is used to prove authenticity.
Driving Permits, Driver’s Licences, Car Licensing See Link
Antigua and Barbuda – The Vehicles and Road Traffic Act: Road traffic act