Apply for Extension of Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Generation License or Permit in Nigeria by yourself
- To apply for an extension to Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Generating License (or Permit) in person, an person applying has visit in the Office of Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Contact details and address from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission can be found on the contact page
- Visit the office and get the application for an Extension of Tenure of License from the department responsible. You can click here to download the form.
- Fill in the application forms by providing pertinent information for the sections that are relevant.
- Make sure to tick”Grid Connected. “Grid-Connected” option under the “Generation” category in section 2.0 because this application calls forExtension Of Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Generation License or Permit.
- Sign it when you’ve completed the form. Be sure to attach all of the documents listed on the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Then, you can submit your application in person at the appropriate office.
- After the application is submitted, the application and any other supporting documents will be sent to inspection and verification.
- Once the verification and verification process is completed the application will be accepted and officials are then able to take the required measures to give the licence.
- Once the license is ready for collection, applicants will be informed by the office. The applicant will be able to collect it using any means that can be used.
- Pay a non-refundable cost for the application’s processing according to the instructions of the officers.
- After receiving the application The Commission must notify the date of receipt and issue an acknowledgement of the date of receipt to the applicant.
- After reviewing the application, the Commission may ask the Applicant to provide the additional details within a specified time frame.
- If the applicant has followed the instructions of all the rules of Commission in this instance and the Commission approves, it will pass an Resolution that the application was properly submitted.
- Within 30 days, the Commission will inform the applicant by letter that the application was submitted in good faith and ask that the applicant release the Public Notification of Statutory Authority.
- The applicant must cause the publication of the notice of Application , at the expense of himself, in the form and format prescribed by the Commission at least two daily papers.
- The commission will review any objections raised and hearings deemed to be over.The results of the inquiry or hearing must be documented in the form of a written report.
- After careful consideration of the application and investigation whether there is there is any after due consideration, the Commission may either grant or deny to issue the license.
- In the event that the Commission has granted a license, the Commission must inform the applicant in writing of its approval as well as the conditions to be met as well as the fees to be paid prior to the grant to the applicant.
- If the Commission plans to reject the application for a license, it will notify the applicant in writing of its decision giving the reasons behind the decision.
Required Documents for Extension of Grid Connected Power
- Registration Certificate
- Certificate of incorporation
- The Trust and Partnership Act
- Document proving the identity of the applicant
- Audited Financial Statements, as well as accounts for the last 3 years (Certified)
- Certificate of Tax Clearance in the last three years
- Environmental Impact Assessment Report and approval
- Relevant agreement documents
- Occupancy certificate for Project site
- Permits or consents for projects from respective agencies and authorities
- Compact Disc that contains the electronic version of the application form
For more information on the requirements, please refer to the below document the list of documents that are required
Office Locations and Contacts
The Head Office, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.
What are all the Eligibility
- Any structure or organization located that is located in Nigeria which has the license in Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Generation in the Republic is able to apply to have its license extended.
- Extension of license duration must be requested within the initial five (5) years of the initial period that the license was granted.
Costs of Extension of Tenure, with respect to the capacity of the plant, follow the following formula:
- 1 – 10MW: N35,000.00
- 11 – 50MW: N75,000.00
- 51 – 100MW: N100,000.00
- 101 – 200MW: N125,000.00
- 201 – 300MW: N175,000.00
- 301 – 400MW: N200,000.00
- 401 – 500MW: N225,000.00
- Over 500MW: N250,000.00
Grid Connected Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Generating License or Permit that is valid for 10 years.
Documents to Utilize
Application form Link
The Commission will review the application and decide whether to either grant or not extend the tenure in the space of 3 (3) months from the submission of a completed request to the Commission.
- An application should be completed with three (3) original copies on paper together with an electronic version of the application in Microsoft Office software format contained on CD-Rom.
- Make sure to include two hard copies as well as an electronic copy of all supporting documents.
- All applications must be completed by all the information provided on the application form in relation to the particular license sought.
- See section 15 of the following document for additional details and directions the regulations
- Names of Applicant, Physical and Postal Address of the applicant
- Contact details
- Name and other information of the Business Proposal
- Contact details for the person who is responsible
- Shareholder names as well as other details
- The Directors’ List and the Particulars of Directors
- Current license details (if any)
- Details of the Affiliated Ownership
- Financial details
- The Bankers as well as the Financial References specifics
- Proposed project description
Documentation is needed
All Grid-Connected Power Generation Facilities is required to submit an application and seek approval prior to attempting to extend its license to continue the power generation process in its facility, for a longer time period than the original license’s time.
Information that can be useful
- The applicant who is denied a license will be able to submit a proper representation before Commission within twenty-one (21) days of receiving the notification from Commission within 21 (21) days from the date of receipt by the Applicant of the notice of the Commission of the rejection of the license.
- The Commission will review the claim that the applicant has made and in the event that the representation is not successful or no representation is made, promptly inform the applicant in writing that their application for a license was denied.
- The reasons behind refusing the license should be clearly written from Commission to the applicant. Commission to the applicant.