Apply for Extension of Off-Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Distribution License or Permit in Nigeria by yourself
- In order to apply to apply for Extension of Off-Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Distribution License or Permit in person, the person applying has visit at the offices of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- The contact information and address for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission can be found on the contact information link.
- Visit the office and get the application for an Extension of Tenure of License from the department responsible. You can click here to download the form.
- Fill in the application forms by providing pertinent information for the sections that are relevant.
- Select the “Off-Grid” option in the “Distribution” category in section 2.0 as this application is for Extension to Off-Grid connected Energy (Electricity) Distribution License or Permit.
- You can sign it when you’ve completed the form. Make sure you attach all the documents mentioned on the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Then, you can submit your application in person at the appropriate office.
- After the submission of the application, it will be accompanied by additional documents can be sent to the examiner and verification process.
- Once the verification and verification process is completed The application will then be approved by the authorities and they will take the necessary measures to give the licence.
- If the license document is ready to be collected applicants will be informed by the office. After that, the applicant will be able to collect it using any means that can be used.
- Pay a non-refundable cost to process the application as directed by the officers.
- After receiving the application The Commission will notify the date of receipt and send an acknowledgment with the date and time of receipt to the applicant.
- After reviewing the application, the Commission may ask the applicant to provide the additional details within the specified time frame.
- If the applicant was in compliance to all the rules of Commission in this regard and the Commission approves, it will pass the Resolution that the application was made in a timely manner.
- Within 30 days, the Commission will inform the applicant in writing that the application has been properly made and request that the applicant make public the Public Notification of Statutory Authority.
- The applicant must cause the announcement of the Application , at his own expense, and in the format and in the manner specified by the Commission in at least two daily papers.
- The commission will consider the arguments raised and the hearings that are adjourned over.The results of the inquiry/hearing will be documented in the form of a written report.
- After a thorough review of the application and investigation whether there is there is any after due consideration, the Commission will decide whether or not to issue the license.
- In the event that the Commission has approved a license, then the Commission must inform the applicant in writing of its approval as well as the conditions to be fulfilled and the fees that must be paid prior to the granting to the applicant.
- If the Commission will decide to deny the granting of a license, it will inform the applicant in writing of its decision giving the reasons behind the decision.
Required Documents for Extension of Off-Grid Connected Power
- Registration Certificate
- Certificate of incorporation
- A Trust Deed and Partnership
- The identity document of the applicant
- Audited Financial Statements as well as the accounts for the last three fiscal years (Certified)
- Certificate of Tax Clearance for the previous three years
- Environmental Impact Assessment Report and approval
- Relevant agreement documents
- Occupancy Certificate for the Project Site
- Project-related permits or consents from the respective authorities and agencies
- Compact Disc with the electronic version of the application form
For more information on the specific requirements, check out the below document the list of documents that are required
Office Locations and Contacts
Head Office Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.
Web site homepage
What are all the Eligibility
- Any organization located in Nigeria with an authorization to operate Off Grid Connected Power (Electricity) distribution within the Republic and is eligible to have its license extended.
- The extension of the license’s duration must be requested within the initial five (5) years of the original term for the licence.
Fees for extension of the tenure on the Off-Grid power distribution License is N50,000.00
Off Grid Connected Electric Power (Electricity) Distribution License or Permit is Valid for 10 Years.
Documents to Utilize
Application form Link
The Commission will review the application and make a decision on whether to either grant or not extend the tenure in the space of 3 (3) months after the submission of a completed request to the Commission.
- The Application must be made by way of three (3) papers together with an electronic version of the application in Microsoft Office software format contained on the form of a CD-Rom.
- Remember to send two hard copies as well as an electronic copy from all documents supporting your request.
- All applications must be completed by all the information provided on the Application form that pertains to the particular license that is being sought.
- See section 15 of the following document for additional details and guidelines the regulations
- Names as well as the physical and postal address of the Applicant
- Contact details
- Name and other specifics of the Business Proposed
- Contact details for the person who is responsible
- Shareholder names as well as other details
- Director’s List and Particulars
- Current license details (if any)
- Details of the Affiliated Ownership
- Financial details
- Banking and Finance References details
- Proposed project description
The Document is required
Any Off-GridConnected Power Distribution business has to submit an application with the Department of Energy and receive approval prior to deciding to extend its license to continue the distribution of power for a longer period of duration than the originally-obtained license’s duration of validity.
Information that can be useful
- The applicant who is denied a license will be able to submit a proper representation before Commission within twenty-one (21) days of receiving the notification from Commission within 21 (21) days from the date of receipt by the Applicant of the notice of the Commission of the denial of the license.
- The Commission will review the claim that the applicant has made and in the event that the representation is not successful or no representation was made, promptly inform the applicant in writing that their application for a license was rejected.
- The reasons behind refusing the license should be clearly written in the written response of Commission to the applicant. Commission to the applicant.