Apply for Extension of Off-Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Generation License or Permit in Nigeria by yourself
- In order to apply in person for Extension of Off-Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Generation License or Permit in person, the applicant needs to visit the offices at the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Contact details and address for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission can be found by clicking the link below. contact information
- Visit the office to obtain an application form to apply for an Extension of Tenure of License from the department responsible. You can click here to download an the application form.
- Complete the application forms using pertinent information for the sections that are relevant.
- Make sure to tick”Off-Grid” in the “Off-Grid” option under the “Generation” section 2.0 because the application is intended for extension Of Off Grid Connected Power (Electricity) Generation License or Permit.
- Sign it when you’ve completed the form. Be sure to attach all the documents mentioned on the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Then, hand your application in person at the appropriate office.
- Once the application has been submitted, the form and any other supporting documents will be sent to inspection and verification.
- Once the verification and verification procedures are completed The application will then be accepted and officials will take the necessary actions to grant the permit.
- If the license document is ready to be collected applicants will be informed by the office. After that, the applicant is able to collect the document by any means that can be used.
- Pay a fee that is non-refundable for processing the Application in accordance with the instructions of the officers.
- When the Commission receives the Application The Commission will notify the date of receipt and send an acknowledgment with the date and time of the receipt to the applicant.
- After reviewing the application after review, the Commission could ask the applicant to provide any other information required within the specified time frame.
- If the applicant has followed the instructions of all the rules of Commission in this regard and the Commission approves, it will pass an Resolution that the application was made in a timely manner.
- Within 30 days, the Commission will inform the applicant in writing that the application has been properly made and ask that the applicant release an official Public Notice of Statutory Intent.
- The Applicant must arrange for the announcement of the application for his personal expenses in the manner and form as prescribed by the Commission in at minimum two daily papers.
- The commission will review any objections raised and hearings conducted. The conclusions resulting from the inquiry or hearing must be recorded in writing.
- After a thorough review of the Application and investigation in the event of there is any after due consideration, the Commission will decide whether or not to issue the license.
- When the Commission has granted a license, the Commission will inform the applicant in writing of the approval as well as the conditions to be fulfilled and the fees that must be paid prior to the granting or issuance of the licence.
- If the Commission plans to reject the granting of an application, it must inform the applicant in writing of the reason for its decision with the reason for the decision.
Required Documents for Extension of Off-Grid Connected Power
- Registration Certificate
- Incorporation Certificate
- The Trust and Partnership Act
- Document proving the identity of the applicant
- Audited Financial Statements, as well as the accounts for the past 3 years (Certified)
- Certificate of Tax Clearance for the previous three years
- Environmental Impact Assessment Report and approval
- Relevant agreement documents
- Occupancy Certificate for the Project Site
- Permits or consents for projects from the respective agencies and authorities
- Compact Disc that contains an electronic copy of the application form
For more information on the specific requirements, check out the below document the list of documents that are required
Office Locations and Contacts
Head Office Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.
What are all the Eligibility
- Any organization within Nigeria with the license that permits Off-Grid Connexed Power (Electricity) generation within the Republic is able to apply to have its license extended.
- The extension of the license term is required within the initial five (5) years of the original term that the license was granted.
Charges to extend of Tenure, with respect to plant capacity follow the following formula:
- 1 – 10MW: N25,000.00
- 11 – 25MW: N75,000.00
- 26-40MW: N87,500.00
- 41-60MW: N112,500.00
- 61-85MW: N125,000.00
- 86-100MW: N137,500.00
- 101-200MW: N150,000.00
- 201-400MW: N200,000.00
- 401-500MW: N250,000.00
- Beyond 500MW N300,000.00
Off-Grid Connected Electric Power (Electricity) Generating License and Permits are valid for 10 years.
Documents to Utilize
Application form Link
The Commission will review the application and make a decision on whether to grant or deny to extend the tenure in the space of 3 (3) months from the submission of a completed proposal to Commission.
- An application should be completed by way of three (3) papers and an electronic version of the application in Microsoft Office software format contained on the form of a CD-Rom.
- Remember to send two hard copies as well as an electronic copy of all supporting documents.
- Each application must be submitted by all the information provided on the application form in relation to the particular license that is being sought.
- Check out section 15 in the following document for additional information and directions the regulations
- Names as well as the physical and postal address of the Applicant
- Contact details
- Name and other specifics of the Business Proposal
- Contact details for the person who is responsible
- Names of shareholders as well as other details
- Director’s List and Particulars
- License details that are currently in use (if any)
- Details of the Affiliated Ownership
- Financial details
- Financial and Bankers References specifics
- Proposed project description
Need to have the Document
Any Off-Grid-Connected Power Generation Plant has to submit an application and receive approval whenever they plan to extend their license to continue the production of electricity in its facility for a longer period of time beyond the initial license’s validity.
Information that could be helpful
- The applicant who has been refused a license will be able to submit a proper representation before Commission within twenty-one (21) days of receiving the notification from Commission within 21 (21) days from the date of receipt by the Applicant of the notice of the Commission of the denial of the license.
- The Commission will review the claim that the applicant has made and in the event that the representation is not successful or no representation was made, promptly inform the applicant in writing that the application for a license was denied.
- The reasons behind refusing to grant the license must be stated clearly in writing in the written response of Commission to the applicant. Commission to the applicant.