Apply for Extension of Power (Electricity) Trading License or Permit in Nigeria by yourself
- In order to apply to apply for Extension of Power (Electricity) Trading License or Permit in person, the applicant needs to go to the office at the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- The contact information and address from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission can be found on the link below. contact information
- Visit the office and get an application form to apply for an Extension of Tenure of License from the department concerned. You can click here to download an the application form.
- Fill in the application forms by providing pertinent information for the sections that are relevant.
- Please check in the “Trading” category in section 2.0 as the application is for extension Of Power (Electricity) Trading License or Permit.
- Sign it when you’ve completed the form. Be sure to attach all the documents mentioned on the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Then, you can submit your application in person at the appropriate office.
- After submission, the application as well as additional documents can be sent to be examined and verified.
- After the verification and verification process is completed The application will then be accepted and officials are then able to take the required actions to grant the permit.
- If the license document is ready to be collected applicants will be informed by the office. The applicant is able to collect the document by any means that can be used.
- Pay a non-refundable cost for the process of the Application as instructed by the officers.
- After receiving the application On receipt of the Application, the Commission must notify the date of receipt and issue an acknowledgement of the date of receipt to the applicant.
- After reviewing the application, the Commission could require the applicant to submit all additional data within a specified time frame.
- If the applicant has followed the instructions of requirements of the Commission in this regard the Commission will issue an Resolution that the application was properly submitted.
- Within 30 days, the Commission will notify the applicant by letter that the Application was submitted in good faith and ask that the applicant make public the Public Notification of Statutory Authority.
- The applicant must cause the announcement of the application at the expense of himself, in the format and in the manner specified by the Commission at least two daily papers.
- The commission will review any objections raised and hearings that are adjourned over.The results of the inquiry or hearing will be recorded in the form of a written report.
- After a thorough review of the application and an investigation in the event of there is any after due consideration, the Commission may either grant or deny to issue the license.
- In the event that the Commission has granted a license, then the Commission must inform the applicant in writing of the approval as well as the conditions to be fulfilled as well as the fees to be paid prior to the grant or issuance of the licence.
- If the Commission plans to reject the granting of an application, it must inform the applicant in writing of the reason for its decision giving the reasons behind the decision.
Required Documents for Extension of Power
- Registration Certificate
- Certificate of incorporation
- The Trust and Partnership Act
- The identity document of the applicant
- Audited Financial Statements as well as the accounts for the past 3 years (Certified)
- Certificate of Tax Clearance for the previous three years
- Environmental Impact Assessment Report and approval
- Relevant agreement documents
- Occupancy certificate for Project Site
- Project-related permits or consents from the respective authorities and agencies
- Compact Disc that contains the electronic copy of the application form
For further clarifications regarding specific requirements, check out the below document necessary documents list
Office Locations and Contacts
Head Office Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.
Contact contact information and link
What are all the Eligibility
- Any organization within Nigeria that has the license to conduct Power (Electricity) Tradinginside the Republic may request to have its license duration extended.
- Extension of license duration is required within the initial five (5) years of the original term for the licence.
Fees for extensions Of Tenure for Power (Electricity) Permit or trading license are in the following manner: N500,000.00
Power (Electricity) Trading License or Permit Valid for 10 Years.
Documents to Utilize
Application form Link
The Commission will examine the request and make a decision on whether to either grant or not extend a tenure extension in the space of 3 (3) months after the submission of a completed proposal to Commission.
- The application must be completed by way of three (3) papers together with an electronic version of the application in Microsoft Office software format contained on the form of a CD-Rom.
- Make sure to include two hard copies as well as an electronic copy of all documents supporting them.
- All applications must be completed by all the information provided on the application form in relation to the particular license sought.
- See section 15 of the document below for more details and guidelines the regulations
- Names of Applicant, Physical and Postal Address of the Applicant
- Contact details
- Name and other specifics of the proposed business
- Contact details for the person who is responsible
- Names of shareholders as well as other details
- Director’s List and Particulars
- License details that are currently in use (if any)
- Information about the ownership of affiliates
- Financial details
- Financial and Bankers References specifics
- Proposed project description
The document is needed
Each Power Trading business must submit an application and get approval prior to deciding to extend its license in order to keep Power Trading Power Trading, for some more duration than the originally-issued license’s time-of-validity.
Information that can be useful
- The applicant who is denied a license will be able to present a valid argument in writing to Commission within twenty-one (21) days of receiving the notification from Commission within 21 (21) days from receiving the notice by the Commission of the rejection of an application for a license.
- The Commission will review the claim made by the applicant and in the event that the representation is not successful or no representation was made, promptly inform the applicant in writing that their application for a license was rejected.
- The reasons behind refusing to grant the license must be clearly written in the written response of Commission to the applicant. Commission to the applicant.