Apply for Extension Power (Electricity) System Operation License or Permit in Nigeria by yourself
- In order to apply to apply for Extension of Power (Electricity) System Operation License or Permit in person, the applicant needs to go to at the offices of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Contact details and address from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission can be found on the link below. contact information
- Visit the office and get form to apply for an Extension of Tenure of License from the department responsible. Click here to download the the form.
- Complete the application forms using pertinent information for the sections that are relevant.
- Please select under the “System Operation” category in section 2.0 because it is forExtension of Power (Electricity) System OperationLicense, or Permit.
- Sign it when you’ve completed the form. Make sure you attach all of the documents listed under the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Then, you can submit your application in person at the appropriate office.
- After the application is submitted, the application along with other documents will be given to review and verification procedures.
- Once the verification and verification procedures are completed The application will then be approved by the authorities and they are then able to take the required actions to grant the permit.
- Once the license is ready to be collected an applicant is informed by the office. The applicant is able to collect the document by any method that is appropriate.
- Pay a fee that is non-refundable for the application’s processing according to the instructions of the officers.
- After receiving the application On receipt of the Application, the Commission will notify the date of receipt and will send an acknowledgment with the date and time of receipt to the applicant.
- After reviewing the application, the Commission could require the applicant to submit the additional details within a specified time frame.
- If the applicant was in compliance to all the rules of Commission in this instance and the Commission approves, it will pass an Resolution that the application was made in a timely manner.
- Within 30 days, the Commission will inform the applicant by letter that the Application was submitted in good faith and ask that the applicant release an official Public Notice of Statutory Intent.
- The applicant must cause the publication of the notice of application at his own cost in the format and manner as prescribed by the Commission at the very least in two daily newspaper.
- The commission will consider any objections raised and hearings that are adjourned over.The results of the inquiry or hearing must be documented in the form of a written report.
- After a thorough review of the Application and investigation in the event of there is any after due consideration, the Commission will decide whether or not to issue the license.
- When the Commission has approved a license, then the Commission must inform the applicant in writing of its approval as well as the conditions to be met as well as the fees to be paid prior to the grant or issuance of the licence.
- If the Commission will decide to deny the application for an application, it must inform the applicant in writing of the reason for its decision giving the reasons behind the decision.
Required Documents for Extension Power
- Registration Certificate
- Certificate of incorporation
- A Trust Deed and Partnership
- Document proving the identity of the applicant
- Audited Financial Statements as well as the accounts for the past three fiscal years (Certified)
- Certificate of Tax Clearance in the last three years
- Environmental Impact Assessment Report and approval
- Relevant agreement documents
- Occupancy certificate for Project Site
- Permits or consents for projects from the respective authorities and agencies
- Compact Disc with the electronic copy of the application form
For further clarifications regarding specific requirements, read the document. The list of required documents
Office Locations and Contacts
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.
Contact contact information and link
What are all the Eligibility
- Any structure of any kind located in Nigeria which has the license in the field of Power (Electricity) System Operation within the Republic and is eligible to have its license extended.
- The extension of the license term is required within the initial five (5) years of the original term for the licence.
Fees for extensions of Tenure for Power (Electricity) System Operating license or permit can be according to: N500,000.00
Power (Electricity) System Operation License or Permits valid for 10 years.
Documents to Utilize
Application form Link
The Commission will review the application and decide whether to either grant or not extend the tenure in the space of 3 (3) months after the submission of the complete proposal to Commission.
- The Application must be made by way of three (3) original copies on paper and an electronic version of the application in Microsoft Office software format contained on the form of a CD-Rom.
- Remember to send two hard copies along with an electronic copy of all supporting documents.
- Each application must be submitted by all the information provided in the Application form that relates to the particular license sought.
- A renewal application of a license is able to be cancelled in writing by the applicant at any time.
- A application that has been cancelled cannot be renewed. However , the Application can be submitted again as a new Application upon the payment of the processing fee.
- Check out section 15 in the document below for additional information and directions rules
The Information You Need
- Names as well as the physical and postal address of the Applicant
- Contact details
- Name and other information of the proposed business
- Contact details for the person who is responsible
- Names of Shareholders as well as other details
- The Directors’ List and the Particulars of Directors
- Current license details (if any)
- Information about the ownership of affiliates
- Financial details
- Financial Institutions and Bankers References specifics
- Proposed project description
The Document is required
Every Power System OperationPlant must lodge an application and get approval prior to deciding to extend its license to continue operations under the Power System Operation, for longer than the original license’s time.
Information that could be helpful
- The applicant who is denied a license is entitled to submit a proper representation before Commission within twenty-one (21) days of receiving the notification from Commission in the twenty-one (21) days from the date of receipt by the Applicant of the notice of the Commission of the rejection of an application for a license.
- The Commission will examine the statement that the applicant has made and in the event that the representation fails or no representation was made, inform the applicant in writing that their application for a license was denied.
- The reasons behind the refusal of the license must be stated clearly in writing in the written response of Commission to the applicant. Commission to the applicant.