How To Apply for International Driving Permit (IDP) In Australia
- You can obtain the International Driving Permit (IDP) from an affiliated members from the Australian Automobile Association (AAA).
- Fill out an application and send it along with a recent passport-style photograph (5cm by 6cm).
- Bring your current driver’s licence.
- Make payment for the fee of application.
Documents that are required International Driving Permit (IDP)
- Driver’s licence valid at the time of issue (not one for learners) issued by one of the Australian State or Territory (including Lord Howe and Norfolk Islands)
- Recently snapped passport-style photograph (5cm by 6cm). The photo should be taken with a completely face-to-face, without glasses or hats.
Office Locations and Contacts
A list of offices in which you can apply to or get an IDP
What Are All The Eligibility
- Applicants must be 18 years old
- Ability to present a valid driver’s license (not a learner’s licence) issued by the Australian State or Territory (including Lord Howe and Norfolk Islands)
Documentation is needed
International Driving Permits (IDPs) are issued across all States and Territories within Australia from the respective automotive associations.
Information that can be useful
Make sure you carry your driving license issued in Australia on your travels to another country. The IDP is just the translation of your local driving licence and you have to show both at any time.