How To Apply for Learner Driver License In Antigua and Barbuda
How to apply for a learner’s Permit
- Make an application for a permit for learners to the Office of the Commissioner of Inland Revenue. The application must be on the format required by the Office of the Commissioner. The application must include your signature.
- Send the completed form together with the other documents.
- The application fees must be paid.
The theory test:
- Students are required to show their valid permit to learner.
- Examining space fifteen (15) minutes prior to the time of the exam.
- Don’t forget to carry a pencil or pen
- Switch off cell phones and any other electronic device while conducting the test.
- If you’re not feeling well, you must reconsider your theory test date if you’re suffering from influenza, or any other condition that may affect your the performance of the test.
- Present permit at the time of getting the results for the test written.
The practical exam:
- You must first pass the theory test.
- The payment must be received in order to reserve the date.
- Medical certificate must be presented that confirms the suitability of taking the test if you are pregnant or appear to be pregnant.
- Minimum of 40 hours of instruction from a driving school that is accredited.
- Don’t wear slippers when taking the exam.
Documents that are required
- Valid passport
- Photo of passport size
- Medical certificate in full provided by the doctor
- A completed form for learners’ permits.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Works and TransportSt. John’s Street
St. John’s, Antigua
Local Number: (268) 462-0890
International Téléphone: (268) 462-2953
Governor General’s Office
St. John’s, Antigua Local Telephone: (268) 462-0003.
International Téléphone: (268) 462-0003
For other contact information, follow this link: http://www.ab.gov.ag/contact.php
What Are All The Eligibility
Applicant must be at least 16 years old
Driver’s license classes that are issued by Antigua as well as Barbuda:
- Motorcyclist’s license
- Private driver’s license
- Chauffeur’s licence
Need to have the Document
In order to learn to drive, an individual could apply for a permit to learn granted through the Commisioner of Inland Revenue.
Information that could be helpful
Conditions and limitations:
- The permit holder is only allowed to be on the road during times specified within the licence.
- The student shall not make use of any public service vehicle that has passengers to assist in teaching driving
- While learning to drive an automobile (other than a motorbike) the student must be seated next to him, with the intention of teaching the driver, a licensed driver and
- The motor vehicle is required to display any identification marks that can be defined in the permit:
- The learner, as well as the person who is accompanying him to provide instruction, will be accountable for any offense or damage to property.
- The Government of Antigua and Barbuda Website:
- Antigua and Barbuda – The Vehicles and Road Traffic Act: