How To Apply for Minor Under 18 Passport In Austria

How To Apply for Minor Under 18 Passport In Austria

Go to the nearest office near you. For a list of places to go check out the ‘Office Locations & Contacts’ section on this page.

A passport for minors of less than age 18 may only be demanded by the individual to which the legal representation is (custody) for the child.


  • For children who are not legitimate, parents have the right to act as representatives, so long as the marriage has been kept.
  • For children born out of wedlock, the child is able to act as mostly the mother. In the event that the powers of attorney (in the case that joint custody) is applicable for the father has to use an authority law that confirms the the custody decision with evidence.
  • For children of a divorced marriage, the child’s parent is legally able to signify to whom child’s custody has been transferred. The authority of guardianship has to be established (see the required documentation ).
  • If you have the foster kids the foster parents have the right to represent them in the event that custody of the child was transferred.
  • Parents of children who are minors typically are supported by the office for youth and family welfare.

It is the sign-in on the for the form in the field for scanning (located at the top on the page) is signed by the child or by someone else (Companion or a paid employees or staff members from the authority responsible for passports in blocks letters).

Documents Required Minor Under 18 Passport

  • Identification of the applicant or the applicant (usually father or mother)
  • Certificate of birth for child (may require)
  • The proof of the child’s citizenship
  • A passport photo taken by the infant (Portrait 35 45 x 45 mm ) no more than six months following the issuance of a certain criteria passport photos (in color)
  • Evidence of the power of representation
    • The marriage certificate of parents in the correct or wedding
    • Custody order that is accompanied by legal force confirm
    • Proof of pflegschaftsgerichtlich approved agreement with legal force confirmation or
    • The joint custody comparison with the legal force confirmation
    • Custody decisions made from a foreign authority with a certified translation,
    • Authorization in writing for the application as well as written consent of the parent who has custody (possibly together with proof of custody) in order to authorize a travel document in the event that the application of third party is submitted. Note: The identity of the child can be proven with a photo ID issued by the official.
    • The parent’s written consent in charge to authorize a traveling permit (possibly together with an acknowledgement of custody) when the request of mature minor is made them. Beware: The identity of the child can be proven with a photo ID issued by the official.

In certain circumstances, the passport authority may require additional documents – especially when there is doubt regarding the accuracy of the information ( such as spelling, for instance) or if the application has not made by the legal representative/ legal guardian ( for example, a photo ID of the parent who is designated by the applicant to verify signatures on the submission of a power of authority and also a consent).

Office Locations and Contacts

Competent authority

The Passport authority:

  • The administration of the district
    • in Leoben and Schwechat The community
  • In statutory cities: the City Council
    • In Vienna the municipal district offices

The applications for passports can be submitted be made domestically, regardless of where you reside and is submitted for the passport authorities of each.


The following passport offices provide the possibility of a pre-booking appointment to make a application for a passport:

  • Districts of St. Johann im Pongau
  • Magistrate Graz
  • Municipal District Offices Vienna
  • City of Linz
  • Magistrate catfish

Click here for more information.;jsessionid=459721DF7FFAF39684A82887E1576871.tomcat_help1?execution=e1s1&gemeindeplzeingabe:_idcl=gemeindeplzeingabe_j_id26

How To Apply for Minor Under 18 Passport In Austria
How To Apply for Minor Under 18 Passport In Austria

What Are All The Eligibility


  • The prerequisite for issue for the Austrian passport is being an Austrian citizen.
  • In the case of children and minors (under 15) The request must include the legal representative/ legal representative ( for example, spouses, parents not married to each other, non-wed mom and other persons when they are informed through the courts) place.
  • Minors who are mature (from 14 to 18 years old) 14-18 years old) can apply for a passport, even if they have the permission of their legal guardian or legal representative is proved.



  • From or on the 2nd Day of birth:
    • Normal delivery on the date of the issue Toll-free
    • Normal delivery in conjunction with the issuance an additional passport, for instance due to a change in name or birth date.
    • Express Delivery Express Delivery
    • A day Express Pass: 165 EUR
  • The 2nd Day of Birth:
    • Normal service: 30 Euros
    • Express Delivery 45
    • A day Express Pass: 165 EUR
  • Beginning on the 12th Day of Birth:
    • Normal delivery: 75.90 EUR
    • Express delivery: 100 EUR
    • 1-day Express Pass: 220 EUR


Validity of passports for minors who aren’t 18 years of age

  • Two years
  • Beginning with the second birthday: Five years
  • At the 12th birthday, 10 years

Processing Time

The passport is handed over to the person who signed it.

Standard delivery Passports issued by the authority responsible for passports is not delivered immediately be sent, but within five working days, accompanied by an RSb mail to the given address ( for example, workplace, home the passport office) sent.

Express Pass Express Pass is also available upon request. issued. This is considered to be more preferential in both production and during delivery.

one-day Express Pass: Since 15 March 2010, it is possible to contain day Express Pass be applied, which will be sent out on the on the following business day via private courier services.


Personal application to establish identity

If the applicant is a child (from birth to therefore) to be identified, they must be present. The authority of representation of the applicant/ the applicant needs to be authenticated.

Passport that has chip or fingerprint

Since June 15, 2009, including children, only passports issued with chips. The chip will store the personal information as well as the photo are stored. From the 12th birthday are stored and fingerprints on the chip will be stored.

Documentation is needed

The 15th June 2012, every child who travels abroad to have separate passports or when it is permissible in accordance with the requirements for entry of the country of residence. An identity card that is entered into the passport of a parent. It has been invalid since the date.

Leave a Comment