Apply For Obtain Liquor License in Egypt By Yourself
- To get a liquor license, the applicant needs to fill out an approved template in the Directorate of The Egyptian Organization for Standardization and Quality Control (EOS) and include what is the company that made the product as well as the name (brand name if is applicable) of the merchandise: Link
- The applicant may complete the application form by sending it to the Egyptian Organization for Standardization and Quality Control (EOS) within their District.
- Every liquor product that is regulated requires a an application form that is distinct.
- The applicant should fill in the form in a timely manner with the information required.
- The applicant needs to fill out the application form with the required documents listed under the “Required Documents” section of this process.
- An invitation letter to the inspection of a factory must be provided by the candidate in Egypt and must include the exact address of the factory and the name of the contact person and email address, as well as current number of fax and phone.
- When all the required documents have been provided and the required requirements have been fulfilled, the applicant may proceed to pay fee for the permit.
- A license is given to the applicant within the time frame of processing. The applicant should visit the office previously mentioned to collect the license after they are informed by the authority of the same.
Required Documents For Obtain Liquor License
- An application form that is completed and an application fee.
- Copies of certificates of incorporation to an entity or registration certificate in the case of partnerships or individuals.
- Forms that have been certified and shares certificates of directors of the company and shareholders.
- The proof of the existence of the commercial premises (written commitment lease to replace contract or Tittle deed).
- Affidavit of advertisement in Egypt Government Gazette, and provide a stamped copy of receipt in accordance with Regulation 3 (2) of the Liquor Act, 1999.
- Control Authority Control Authority shall not consider the application for a license in the event that both the first and the second notice of the application were not released for at least 21 calendar days according to the Liquor Act.
- Certified copies of IDs valid to be used by citizens and passports for directors and shareholders who are non-citizens.
- Certified copies of valid work permits and residence permits for non-citizen management.
- A cover letter describing how the company will operate and provide an itemized details of all items and services.
- Satisfactory The physical Planners report on the zoning of the plot.
- Satisfactorily Environmental Health Report for the office premises by Federal State Council Health Inspectors.
Office Locations and Contacts
Egyptian Drug Authority (EDA)Address: 21 Abd El-Aziz Al Soud Street, EL-Manial, Cairo, Egypt
Tel: +202 25354100 (30 lines)
Tel: +202 23684288 +202 23648046
Tel: +202 23640368 +202 23648769
Egyptian Organization for Standards & Quality
Address 16 training of trainers U – Princely – Cairo
Phone: 22845522 – 22845524
Contact Link: Link
The validity period is 5 years.
- Police Report
- Health Report
- Lease Agreement/Title deed
- Drawings drawn to scale indicate the layout inside
- Statement from the Bank
- The applicant’s National Identity Card
- Certificate of Incorporation for the case of a business
- Company Resolution for example, if the case of a company
The document is needed
- You must have a license in order for selling it and you are not allowed to drink at anytime. It is not possible to promote it without a license and the government has imposed restrictions on advertising for spirits. Usually, the government reviews establishments that are seeking permits to sell alcohol in venues which serve foreign customers. It isn’t easy to obtain liquor licenses in areas outside of Maadi and Zamalek zones, with significant numbers of residents from outside Egypt.