Apply for Operation of Batching Plants Permit–Commented In Jamaica By Yourself
- To be eligible for the use of Batching Plant Permit from the National Environmental Planning Agency (NEPA) You must send a complete application form at the office of NEPA. You can find NEPA’s contact information through this hyperlink: Link
- You can visit the NEPA office to obtain the application form and the checklist that comes with the permit. You can download the checklist on NEPA’s site: Links (Select “Batching plant”) along with the request form can be downloaded online using the following link: Link
- Fill out and read the form and attach all required documents to support it as specified by the list of requirements.
- Visit the NEPA’s office , and pay the fee required at the section of accounts and finances and get the receipt for payment.
- Submit the application in its entirety to the unit for applications
- It will then be inspected to ensure that it is complete by the NEPA appropriate official. If the application is not complete the application will be returned to you.
- If the application is considered satisfactory by NEPA the agency will examine the application and may even conduct a site inspection at your place of business (If it is required) to determine whether you need to conduct an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is required.
- When you are required to obtain an EIA is required,
- NEPA will notify you and they will send you an e-Terms of Reference (TOR) to include any other important issue and the requirement to make a public presentation (If feasible)
- Examine and create the TOR and then submit an initial Draft TOR to NEPA
- Then NEPA along with the other stakeholders will evaluate the proposed TOR and notify you whether it is acceptable, meaning that they have endorsed the TOR
- Then prepares and sends EIA basing on TOR approved to NEPA
- Then, NEPA along with the stakeholders involved will examine and evaluate the EIA with respect to the agreed TOR in order to verify its compliance. If the EIA conforms to The TOR NEPA along with the relevant stakeholders provide their comments about the EIA and notify you.
- The application will be evaluated through NEPA’s Internal Review Committee and the relevant stakeholders , and they will submit their recommendation on the Technical Review Committee
- The Technical Review Committee will discuss the application before submitting the suggestion to Natural Resources Conservation Authority (NRCA)
- The NRCA can give or deny you the permit.
- If you are granted the permit, you will be informed and guided about the process of getting the permit. You must make payment for your permit and pick it up at the NEPA’s office within 3 months from the date of approval.
- If the permit isn’t granted then you will receive an refusal letter. You could appeal the NRCA’s refusal to grant permission to the minister of Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation (MEGJC)
Documents that are required for Apply for Operation of Batching Plants Permit–Commented
- Completed Permit Application Form (4 copies)
- Tax Registration Number (TRN) (for business or for an individual submitting an application)
- The Company’s Records (Articles of Incorporation, and the names of Directors & Company Secretary)
- Photocopy of ID for the person who is making the application (Driver’s License or National ID or Passport)
- The Location Map (Google Image that includes markers and coordinates wherever it is) (4 duplicates)
- Receipt for payment of the Application Fee
- Project Brief that outlines the four copies (4 copies)
- Designs or Plans (must be drawn in the scale) (4 duplicates)
- Proof of Ownership
Please look up the following list of requirements: Link
Office Locations and Contacts
National Environmental Planning Agency (NEPA)-Head officePostal Address: 10 and 11 Caledonia Avenue, Kingston 5.
Telephone: (876) 754-7540
Fax: (876) 754-9575
Branch contact details and contact information: Link
- Individuals and entities who want have the right to seek use of Batching Plant Permits
- Application fee: $50,000.00
- Fees details: Link
- It is valid during the duration stipulated in the permit
Documents to Utilize
- Application form: Link
- Make sure that your application is correct as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- You can track your application through your account on the AMANDA online system if you have the number for your application. Use this link to login to AMANDA: Link
The Information You Need
- Contact details
- Location details
- Information about the facility
The Document is required
- The permit proves that you’ve been authorized to run a batching plant according to the procedures permitted by law
- Link to NEPA Link