Apply for Passport In Uganda By Yourself
Apply In Person: Step 1
- Applicant should obtain Passport application Form G and any other information from the nearest Immigration Office or download on the Immigration website: www.immigration.go.ug.
- Complete the form in the clear handwriting.
- The applicant must then go to at any URA income collection institution, such for Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Barclays, Orient etc and pay the fees for passports.
- The passport costs Uganda Shillings, UGX 250,000, for normal applications and an express application of UGX400,000 (UGX 250,000 for ordinary passports and UGX 150,000 as an Express Service fee making the total of 400 000 UGX) For UGX 400,000, you will need Official Passports and UGX 500 000 in Diplomatic Passports.
- All fees exclude bank charges, which differ between banks i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000.
- You will be issued an official bank receipt that you can attach to your application.
- Documents should be stored in a manila folder and then present them IN PERSON to the officers who will receive them in the Passport Receiving Section at the Ministry of Internal Affairs or the nearest Passport Control Office or the Regional Immigration Office.
- A receipt slip will be sent to you with your receipt code as well as the file number.
Alert: Avoid Middlemen or Kayungirizi. Applications made by Middlemen are not accepted or received.
- You can collect your passport in person within ten working days (normal applicants for passports) (or 2 (2) work days (for Express Passport Applications) at the time you completed the application unless you are advised otherwise by the Immigration Official. You must provide your Receiving Slip along with your identification when you pick up you passport in the Passport Delivery Office.
- Beware of Middlemen as well as Kayungirizi. Deals with middlemen will be prohibited or impounded from the Passport Control Officer.
- Minors must be accompanied by parents or guardians.
Follow the instructions below to fill out the online passport application.
- Step 1. Log into passport portal :Online portal
- Step 2. Signify that you agree to the Terms and Conditions stated within the Disclaimer.
- Step 3: Respond to basic security questions
- Step 4: Fill out the passport application form.
- Fiveth Step: Print the Passport Approval Payment Information Form
- Step 6: Pay for the chosen type of passport by using the chosen payment method.
- 7. Schedule an an appointment to meet at a time of your choice by clicking the link to schedule an appointment on the home page. link to appointments
- 8. Print the Passport Application Appointment Form
- Step 9: Report to the selected passport Centre with the passport appointment form with the following Documents/requirements:-
- E-filled Passport application
- Recommender’s recommendation letter as well as a photocopy of their National ID
- Original Copy of National ID or National Identification Number
- Original and photocopies from academic documents for evidence of profession(where appropriate)
- A bank payment receipt is proof of the payment of fees prescribed
- A copy of the birth certificate or an adoption order consent letter from parents or guardians in the case of minors
- any other information which could be pertinent to the application
- step 10: After submitting the application, the passport will be available to be collected by the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control offices within 2 working days of processing if it is express or 10 working days for normal processing.
- Step 11: You are required to present proof of identity to collect your passport. You can also track the application progress through your online account https://www.passports.go.ug. You will be notified by SMS or email when you are ready you are ready to pick up your passport.
Required Documents For Apply for Passport
- The form is duly endorsed by G
- Letter of cover from employer / School/Parents/Guardian or a person who is well-known to the the applicant. The cover letter must be addressed to Passport Control Officer. Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala
- Original and duplicate identity documents e.g Birth certificates, school certificates, residence ID, baptism card and employer’s ID card, etc.
- Four passport-sized photographs in colour that were taken on white background.
- Recommendation of a citizen of good standing
- Documentation of professional experience
- Other information that could from time to time require the Passport Control Office.
Office Locations and Contacts
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165/7191
Kampala Uganda Uganda
Telephone number: +256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Site: Ministry of internal Affairs
- Arua Office
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua
- Gulu Office
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality
- Mbale Office
- RDC Building for Administration: Masaba Road
- Masindi Passport Center
- Masindi Town
- Hoima Passport Center
- Kampaya House Old Fort-portal Road Hoima town
- Mbarara Regional Office
- Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road
- Masaka Regional Office
- Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality
- Jinja Regional Office
- Administration block: Busoga Square
- Mubende Regional Office
- RDC building
- Fortportal Regional Office
- Administration Block: Boma Road
- Lira Regional Office
- District Chambers Building Dr. Obote Avenue
- Mityana Regional Office
- RDC building
- Kampala Central Passport Office
- American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobbacco plant(BAT)
The fee is payable only through Uganda 82,000 shillings= to get your passport.
Examples of Documents
You can collect your passport in person when you receive a text message from the respective authorities.
Need to have the Document
This page will provide details on how to get a passport to Uganda.