Apply for Radioactive Materials or Devices Prospecting License In Uganda By Yourself
“Prospecting” is described as the deliberate search for mineral deposits and minerals. Apply in-Person.
- The application for Prospecting License Prospecting License should be made to the Commissioner on form 1 , as required under the Act.
- The Act provides the application to grant of a prospecting licence under the Act is to be submitted to the Commissioner using Form I
- Visit the office and fill out an application form for prospecting licence from the relevant department.Visit their website by clicking the next link
- Ask the staff in the office about the documents that need to be submitted along with the application form. Fill out the application according to the requirements, with pertinent details and information.
- After filling out the form according to the requirements and the documents required, you must attach them together with the form that you have completed.
- After that, you can submit it to Uganda’s radiation protection authorities of the Atomic Energy Council.
- Be sure to pay the fee in the amount that is required. Once you have paid your application along with the supporting documents will be sent to various verification procedures and verification.
- The Commissioner issues an Prospecting License according to Section 20(1). In accordance with The Mining Regulations, 2004 Section 3(1) The granted prospecting license must be made in the form XVIII of the First Schedule of the Regulations
- Section 22 sets the period of the Prospecting License in the form of a year. The section 23 in the Act confers upon Prospecting License holders Prospecting License holder the non-exclusive ability to conduct prospecting-related activities.
- After all the steps have been completed and all the documents completed After that, your application will be approved , and a the national radiation protection license will be issued upon prior announcement.
Required Documents For Apply for Radioactive Materials or Devices Prospecting License
- An application form that is completed and signed is required for Radioactive Materials or Devices Prospecting License.
- The following document types are certified copies:
- Academic Certificates that cover all relevant radioactive materials that are covered.
- National Identity card/Relevant pages from your passport for the person applying for it
- Professional Certificates , as well as additional endorsements in addition to academic copies
- A membership or registration in an association for professionals
- Dosimetry results for the most recent dosimetry tests on radioactive substances
- Full haemograms on radioactive substances
- Work Permits for non-Ugandans accepting to work in radioactive materials in Uganda
- Two (2) recent passport-sized photographs that have been endorsed by your employer.
Office Locations and Contacts
- Atomic Energy Council:
- The plot 40 Bukoto Street,
- P.O. Post 7044 KampalaUganda. Uganda.
- Phone: +256-414-696-333/5 (toll free)
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anyone who plans to purposefully look for minerals or mineral deposits is eligible to apply for the License.
- It is illegal for anyone to use Radiation devices or materials only if they are in possession of an active License that is issued from the National Radiation Protection Authority.
- The License Fee for radioactive substances is USh. 2,598,536
- The validity period for the prospecting licenses for radioactive material is one calendar year.
- The maximum processing time needed is 5 days.
- The radiation worker is legally required to undergo a medical examination and be checked for radiation exposure.
- After receiving an request for a license an Authority will, upon the payment of the required fee, issue the applicant the proper license.
- A person may contest a refusal to grant the license within one month from the date of a notice in this regard.
- Name of the applicant
- ID/Passport No
- Postal Address
- Physical Address
- The type of practice (e.g. medical, industrial, engineering, scientific, e.t.c)
- Academic Education
- Professional qualification in radiation safety
- Professional Membership in a Body/Association
- The Applicant’s Declaration:
Documentation is needed
- In order to look for mineral deposits and minerals the person applying for the permit must have this document that is required for the purpose of public security
Information that can be useful
The license granted could:
- Can be amended at any time upon written notification to the holder from the Authority If, it believes that the amendment is required to ensure security for the public;
- The license may be suspended or cancelled by the Authority in the event that the holder fails to abide with the terms and conditions set forth in the license, or as laid out by the Radiation Protection Act or any regulations made under it; and if the license is suspended or revoked, the owner must comply with the steps that could be suggested by the Authority to ensure that there are no radiation risks arise