Home Uganda How to Apply for Registration Certificate for In-Patient Health Units(City) In Uganda
Apply for Registration Certificate for In-Patient Health Units(City) In Uganda By Yourself
- To apply for a certificate of registration the patient Health Unit (city), the applicant must visit the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council office and fill out an application form in an orderly manner as directed in the Council.find their website by clicking on the following Link
- The Act provides that each entity or person who plans to apply for registration of private health units must make an application to the council to request the registration of an in-patient health facilities in the city.
- Candidates are required to fill out the registration form that is available at the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council headquarters. City Council (Licensing Board) Regulations, which prescribes the forms for submitting an application to obtain the licence.
- Fill out the form completely complete and with all supporting papers to Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council. In the event of omission, any supporting documents will make the application process insufficient.
- The Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council registration board must within 5 days of receiving an application, review and write a comprehensive report on the application.
- Pay a non-refundable fee for registration that is two hundred and fifty thousand(250,000) Shillings for the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (Licensing) Board.
- The Act stipulates the procedure for registration. the council is able to, after conducting the inquiry that it thinks necessary and having a fee decided to be set by the council grant the registration of the in-patient health unit.
- The council will inform the applicant in writing, of its decision. within 5 days from the date of the mentioned time frame and the Health committee of Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council will and upon registration of the in-patient health units shall be registered under the Act and a certificate of registration will be issued in accordance with the requirements in Form C of the third Schedule or, if it decides to refuse to issue a certificate to the applicant in the notice. It shall also state the reasons in the notice.
- The council may decide at its discretion, and subject to the conditions that the council can decide the registrar can register an privately Health Unit operated by a medical assistant or nurse depending on the situation solely for the use of a corporation of an institution under the supervision by a licensed medical practitioner.
- The council will create a new health unit to be listed in the Gazette within a short time after registration has been granted and a certificate is issued to an health unit that includes specifics about the health unit, as specified in the section 30 , of the Act.
- The registration is subject to the terms and conditions that members of Uganda’s health committee Uganda nurses and the midwives’ council decides to be appropriate. Private health units is also subject to oversight and supervision by the health committee of the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
- A registration certificate expires at the expiration of one year after when it was issued. The certificate can be renewed for a year at a given time.
Required Documents For Apply for Registration Certificate for In-Patient Health Units(City)
- Registration certificate/professional ID should be attached on the application form.
- The receipt for the clinical personal practice license must be included on the application .
- Private practice book that will be stamped
- Original ID or professional identification with photocopy of the certification for the full qualifications of the staff member applying for.
- Provide the receipt from which you received your previous one (in the event in case of renewal).
- Receipts and certificates from medical professionals.
- private nursing clinic book. necessary documents that must be used for registration of an health facility.
Office Locations and Contacts
- Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council,
- Makarere Road, Mukubira Zone,
- Kawempe Division Kampala,
- P. O. Box 4046
- General Line General Line (0) 393 293,327
- Registrar’s Office: 256 (0)393 – 290 327
- Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site: link
- Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council
- Plot 442, Kafeero Zone Road,
- Mulago, Off Mawanda Road
- P.O BOX 16115, Kampala, Uganda
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel/Fax: 256-414-345844
- Web site: link
- Any health professional who plans to apply for an an in-patient health center within the city can apply.
- The License Fee for the registration of a patient medical unit USh. 250,000.
- It is valid for a single year
- Processing time maximum is 5 days.
- Each health facility inpatient must be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council and be aware of the rules and regulations that govern medical practices in Uganda.
- Inpatient Health Unit name and type
- Tax Identification Number
- Clinic Certificate Number
- Date of incorporation
- Private Physical and postal address
- Contact information and an email address
- Applicant names
- The source and the category of the Health Unit.
- Services will be provided within the Health Unit
- Registration card details
The Document is required
- This document is required for health facilities to be registered as an in-patient health services within the city to ensure security purposes.