Apply For Renewal of Business License in Egypt
- Find all documents needed.
- Fill out and the application form and submit it along with the other required information.
- Pay the fee for the license. If a business license is not renewed in the time frame stipulated timeframe under sub-article (4) in this Article will be cancelled at the end of the time available for renewal of the business license , subject to penalties.
- When a business license has been cancelled due to the inability of the business owner to renew the license at the time of renewal without penalty, the business license canceled can be obtained business license within one year of the cancellation, but only if the reason behind not having the license renewed on time is determined to be acceptable to the official in charge of the authority in question and after payment of the double penalty set under sub-article (4) of the present Article.
- A person who hasn’t been granted permission to apply for a business license again in accordance with paragraph (6) of the present Article will be granted the same business license free of penalty for one year following the expiration date of the license for business. When the license holder shows up for renewal of his license, he must be prepared to:
- A clear statement that is sent to the authority responsible at its address to pay of income tax and other taxes, land use fees employee income tax municipal services fees, and any other due payment to to the government
- A valid Commercial registration certification,
- the correct application form to apply to renew the business licenses.
- The declaration of clearance issued under this Article to pay taxes or other revenue from the government is not acceptable when it is written to address multiple entities but does not clearly state what kind of business it was issued for and doesn’t confirm the payment of tax or other revenue of the government.
- The statement of clearance that is issued by the tax collection office in accordance with this Article to pay of taxes as well as any other revenue from the government, will be invalidated in the event that it is not used for renewal or renewal of the company license in the a month’s after the date of issue.
- The relevant authority will renew the license of the business when it determines that the application is completed after the payment of the applicable fee, or if it decides to reject its application. In this case, the authority must provide the applicant with a written notice of the reasons behind its denial.
- Any businessperson who alters his address for business must present a the clearance certificate for the full payment of tax due to the government as well as any other income, to the authority responsible for the new address of his business from the address where he previously operated his business operations.
- The computation of the date of renewing business licences as provided by this Proclamation for those who have a different budget year, other than those specified in this Proclamation in accordance with the authority of the Egyptian Tax Authority, shall start at the beginning of the budget for accounts authorized year.
The conditions set forth in this Proclamation to be fulfilled in order to grant new business license, will be applicable to renewing of the business licenses
Required Documents For Renewal of Business License
- Application Form completed and cost of LE 30.
- A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation an entity or registration certificate for the case of partnerships or individuals.
- A certified copy of form 2 and copies of shares certificates of the directors of the company and shareholders.
- The proof of the existence of premises for business (written agreement to lease premises in place of an agreement or Tittle deed).
- A certified copy of a valid ID and passports for Directors and Shareholders who aren’t citizens.
- Certified copies of current work permits and residence permits for non-citizen managers.
- A cover letter describing how the company will operate and include an itemized list of services or goods.
- Satisfactory The physical Planners report for the zoning and plot.
- Satisfactorily Environmental Health Report for the commercial premises received from District Council Health Inspectors
- Drug and Regulatory Inspection report in the case that there is a Pharmaceutical Products and Pharmacy licence (Ministry of Health Quarters)
- A letter of clearance from the Bureau of Standards (BOBS) in the event of a filing station or an Liquid Petroleum Gas selle
Office Locations and Contacts
- Ministry of Industry and Trade and Small and Medium
Mr. Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour img
2 Address Latin America St. Garden City .Cairo
Telephone number. 27921193 – 27921194
What are all the Eligibility
Trade Act has set aside the following business for residents of Egypt:
- Car wash
- Cleaning Services
- Curio Shop
- Fresh Produce
- Funeral Parlour
- General Clothing
- General dealers
- Hire Services
- Petrol Filling Station
- The renewal fee for licensing is LE 500.
Valid for 1 year.
Processing can take 7 to 15 days.
A holder of a commercial license who fails to renew it by the deadline specified in this Article, must be required to renew it by the specified time by paying additional to the renewal cost, an additional fee in the amount of LE500 (Five hundred) for the month LE 1,000 (one thousand) and for the following every month that is delayed.
The Information You Need
- Name of the Applicant’s full name
- Registered/Residential Address of the Applicant
- Date of Birth
- The place of birth
- The nationality of the applicant
- Description and the location of the property
- Condition of the property
- Name Address, Nationality and Name of the vendor
The Document is required
- The Companies Law No. 359 of 1981, is the General Law that regulates the general commercial activities in Egypt. Investors who are interested in starting companies in Egypt are bound by four laws that include: Law No. 159 of 1981; Corporate Law No. No. 159, 1981 Investment Law No. 8 of 1997. New Communities Law No. 59 of 1979 contained in this Proclamation will be in force until annulled on the basis specified in the event that it is renewed in accordance with paragraph (2) in this article.
- The business license needs to be renewed in the period of four months following the end of the fiscal year in which the license was granted or renewed after the payment of the cost. The business license shouldn’t, at any time, be put to use.