How To Change Your Name (Deed Poll) In Azerbaijan
- Get all the necessary documents when making an application for a change in name.
- Send in your application with any other information you require.
- When the new name, or surname is approved then you are able to proceed with registration of with the name you want to use.
Documents that are required Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
- Certificate of criminal record
- Demand addressed by the Minister for Justice
- The application should be addressed to the Registrar.
- Identification Card (original and photocopy)
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of JusticeAddress 72, Azadliq Avenue
Republic of Azerbaijan, Baku Az1007
Tel: (99412) 404-42-81
Fax: (99412) 404-42-99
Registry Service of the Civil Status Acts. Registry Service of the Civil Status Acts
Tel: (99412) 404-42-44; 404-42-07
Working days: I-II–III-IV-V;
Hours of operation: 9:00 – 18:00
A list of the regional (city) Divisions of registration
What Are All The Eligibility
Every person has the right of changing their names.
Children and adults alike can change their names for various reasons.
The registration of changes to the first name, patronymic, and last name is AZN 3
In general, you can legally change your identity to any name you’d like to. However, there are some exceptions however:
- It is not possible to change your name to avoid debt or cover yourself from criminal responsibility.
- You cannot change your name to commit an offense.
- You shouldn’t alter your name in order to deceive. It is usually done by taking the name of a celebrity. Courts generally do not permit this, unless you can provide an argument that proves not directly related to the celebrity or the use of their name.
- It’s not possible to pick an uninformed name that contains punctuation or numerals. Some judges have allowed individuals to spell out numbers, such as “Seven” in place of “7”.
- You shouldn’t pick one that is likely to frighten people, offend or be considered inappropriate.
- It is impossible to select a racial insult.
The Information You Need
- Your name appears on your birth certificate, documents pertaining to citizenship or immigration.
- The full name you’re applying to change (if you’re making a change to your identity).
- Birth date and location
- Details of marital status and the status of the couple.
- The places of residence for the at least three months
- Address for correspondence
The Document is required Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
If you have or are planning to use another name than the name you registered There are no laws that require to change your name officially. However, it is advised to change your name legally to be able to identify yourself and to prove the change in your name.
Name change is generally the legal process by the person who is adopting the name of a different person from the name they had at birth either through marriage or adoption. The process and procedure for the name change differs in different the jurisdictions.
Information that can be useful
Its regional (city) divisions responsible for the registration of civil status documents in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan is responsible for the registration of marriage, birth divorce, adoption, defining paternity, changing the first name, patronymic, last name and death. It also changes the civil records, compiles the corrections, liquidates and completes the records, reinstates lost records, maintains archives and issue duplicate certificates. At present the Ministry has 86 local (city) divisions that are responsible for recording civil status laws within the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Other uses for the Document/Certificate
You may wish for a change in your personal name based on:
- You just got married
- You’ve been divorced
- If you just want to make a change
There is no any legal proof to prove that you’ve altered your identity, so long as it is clear that you are recognized by the new name you have chosen. There are however instances, like seeking a passport where additional proof of the name change is required. The required evidence varies based on the reason the evidence is required. It could be:
- A note from a responsible person
- an announcement to the public
- a statutory declaration
- a deed poll.