Apply for Social Security Number and ID Card In Marshall Islands By Online
- Visit the Marshall Islands Social Security Administration (MISSA) Office.
- Apply for an Employer ID. Download the form here..
- Submit the necessary documents. (Please look below for more information.)
- Pay the amount.
Required Documents For Apply for Social Security Number and ID Card In Marshall Islands
If the applicant are an Marshallese citizen:
- Birth certificate with seal of the Ministry of Internal affairs,
- Original passport
- The original ID card is produced from the Ministry of Internal Affairs,
- Valid driver’s license
- Card for vaccination provided through the Ministry of Health
If the applicant is naturalized Marshallese:
- Original Marshallese passport;
- Naturalization certificate issued by the AGs Office;
- Identity card issued to Marshallese residents issued by the Department of Internal Affairs
If applicant is U.S., Palauan or FSM citizen:
- Birth certificate,
- Valid passport (original)
If the applicant is nonor Marshallese, U.S., Palauan or FSM citizen:
- Original passport with valid validity,
- A valid entry permit issued by the Immigration Office,
- A valid alien registration certificate issued by the Immigration Office,
- Working permit valid from the Labor Office,
- Employment contract valid if you are an employee
If the applicant is an active volunteer (i.e. Worldteach Teacher, JOCV volunteer):
- Original passport
- any evidence that you can provide of having been any proof of being
If the applicant is a non-Marshallese missionary, U.S., Palauan or FSM citizen:
- Valid passport with original validity as well as
- A certificate from the sponsor and
- An entry permit valid from the Immigration Office, and
- A valid alien registration certificate issued by the Immigration Office
If applicant is a member of diplomats:
- Original passport valid, and
- Marshallese diplomat visa, Embassy certification or diplomatic passport
Office Locations and Contacts
- Marshall Islands Social Security Administration (MISSA)
- Address: P.O. P. Box 175, Majuro MH 96960Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Phone: (692)625-3101
- Mobile: (692)625-3101
- Fax: (692)625-4570
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A cost of $5 per card for replacement of ID cards for social security (except retired individuals)
- RMI employees of the government (under PSC) are exempted from having a work permit as required to be issued by the Labor Office.
- For students who are from outside the country for students from other countries, proof of school attendance is required in addition to the following documents.
- If a person declares that they are half-Marshallse, or is connected to the family of a Marshallese and is a half-Marshallese, their citizenship is determined by the passport that he or she is carrying.
- If the applicant states that their working permit or entry permits, or alien registration is not available (still being going through) There is no social security number will be issued until there is an official written confirmation by the Labor and Immigration Offices.
- There is no SS number is issued If an alien registration permit proves it is dependent regardless of whether the applicant has already issued a valid work authorization from the Labor Office.
- A social security number cannot be issued to the dependents of non-resident employees who aren’t legally permitted to be employed in Marshall Islands. Marshall Islands.
- Dependents of non-resident workers who are of Marshallese schools could be granted social security numbers. However, they need to show evidence of enrollment. A social security number cannot be issued to the dependents of non-residents who aren’t legally licensed for work within Marshall Islands. Marshall Islands.
- Family members of employees who do not reside in the United States who are enrolled in Marshallese schools can be issued social security numbers. However, they need to show evidence of their the school’s enrollment.
The Information You Need
- Name to be printed on the card
- the full birth name
- Address for mailing
- Telephone number
- date of birth
- Present age
- your occupation
- the place of birth
- marital status
- present/previous employer
- Name of mother at birth
- Name of father’s
The Document is required
Social Security Number: A Social Security Number is a nine-digit number that helps you to help Social Security accurately record your paid wages or self-employment earnings.
The following are the steps to follow on how to apply for a Social Security Number and ID card in the Marshall Islands.