How To Apply for Transit Visa In Australia
- Make sure you have all the documents needed
- Apply for Transit visa to Australia Form 876. Fill it in precisely
- Attach all the necessary documents to the application and submit it to the appropriate immigration offices located outside of Australia.
Apply In Online
Applicants in USA can obtain a transit Australia visa on line by visiting https://australia-eta.travisa-online.com/travel-authorization/form
Documents Required Transit Visa
- Formula 876 must be completed in English and attested by the applicant
- Applicants passport
- One (1) recent passport size photograph
- Travel itinerary updated
- Visa proof for the onward destination
- Consent to documents for custody or travel (Applicants less than 18 years of age)
- An original document from an official country office granting permission to the parent who is not travelling or the their legal guardian/s (for the child’s entry into Australia); OR
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Border Protection and ImmigrationAddress:
Scott Morrison MP
Minister responsible for Immigration and Border Protection
PO Box 6022
Canberra ACT 2600
Telephone: 02 6277 7860
Fax: 02 6273 4144
Address for postage:
Senator Michaelia Cash
PO Box 1966
West Perth, WA, the number 6872
Secretary Minister of Immigration and Border Protection
PO Box 6100
Canberra ACT 2600
Telephone: 02 6277 7610
Offices of the electorate:
44 Outram Street
West Perth WA 6005
Telephone: 08 9226 2000
Fax: 02 9226 2211
1.Australia Embassy, High Commissions or consulates in various countries.
2.Government of the Australian state, Department of Immigration and Border Protection
6 Chan Street
Belconnen ACT 2617
PO Box 25 Belconnen ACT 2616
Telephone: 02 6264 1111
Fax: 02 6225 6970
What Are All The Eligibility
Foreigners who are planning for a stay of Australia for no more than seventy-two (72) hours and then proceed to a different destination.
There are no fees to pay with the Australian Transit Visa.
Valid for 72 hours.
Documents to Utilize
- Form 876 can be vied at http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/771.aspx
- Form 1229 can be obtained from immigration website http://www.immi.gov.au
- Three (3) five (5) days
- Complete applications could require longer
- Australia ETA (visa) Australia ETA (visa) can be processed on the same day in emergency request. The normal processing time is at least 48 hours.
- In person, to verify exactness;
- All of them comply with the rules of the department of immigration;
- Do not remain in the country for more than 72 hours;
- Make sure that all originals are returned to you once your copies are certified.
- Documents written in languages other than English should be transliterated into English;
- In the event that you need to authorize someone to apply on behalf of you, ensure that the appropriate form is completed (Form 956);
The Information You Need
- Name of the applicant
- A third-party country is the country where you want to go.
- The duration of the stay
- Particulars of dependents, if they exist
Documentation is needed
Transit visas are approval to foreigners to make an indefinite stay in a certain country, later travel to a different destination. In Australia transit visas are sometimes called subclass 771. It is issued to those who intend to make an overnight stop in the country on their way in other destinations.
Information that can be useful
- Australian ETA (visa) is created and stored electronically. travellers do not receive any documents via mail. The notification of approval will be electronically sent (via via email).
- The ETA can be described as electronically issued Australia visa that is valid for business or tourism travel to Australia for stays of more than 90 days.
- Form 1229 must be signed by the non-traveling parent/s
- Children or dependents may be included in the visa application you must travel with that same travel document.
- There aren’t any fees to be paid for a transit visa , however applicants have to pay for additional services such as obtaining certificates or translation services.
Other uses for the Document/Certificate
- It assists foreigners to pass through Australia
- There is the possibility to stay and enter this country during a certain amount of duration